Best scroll saw I have owned

Review by Jamie posted 1891 days ago 8680 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Best scroll saw I have owned No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have worn out a delta and a Dewalt scroll saw in the past ten years and recently aquired this saw. It is the same parallel link design as the dewalt, the only real difference being more of the parts on the dewalt are stamped where on the excalibur they are machined. The table is aluminum and will not rust. This saw runs smooth. I highly recomend this to anyone unless they have a problem with purple tools.

-- "Preach the gospel always. If necessary use words" -St Francis of Assisi

View Jamie's profile

Jamie

View patron's profile

patron

13020 posts in 1977 days

i had the 30” for a number of years ,
but my ex got it .
im still looking to get myself one again !
it reallyis a great tool !

112027 posts in 2213 days

sounds good thankd for the review

View BTKS's profile

BTKS

1967 posts in 2101 days

Good idea with the angled mounting stand. Must really improve the view and muscle fatigue. Any ball park on cost? Looks like a class act tool. BTKS

-- "Man's ingenuity has outrun his intelligence" (Joseph Wood Krutch)

View Splinterman's profile

Splinterman

23058 posts in 1998 days

Looks like a more solid unit Jamie…..good review.

View Douglas Bordner's profile

Douglas Bordner

I have the DeWalt and not the budget for an Excalibur, but I’m sure the Seyco saw is top flight. Thank you for the review.

-- "Bordnerizing" perfectly good lumber for over a decade.

View Jamie's profile

Jamie

I bought this one for $80. Woodcraft has the 21” for $749.

-- "Preach the gospel always. If necessary use words" -St Francis of Assisi

View cabinetmaster's profile

cabinetmaster

Wow. What a bargain. Looks like a nice machine.

-- Jerry--A man can never have enough tools or clamps

Jamie, thanks for the review. I have a scroll saw on my wish list and have not focused in on any one tool, yet. This review gives me some good info on which to base a buying decision.

View kosta's profile

kosta

946 posts in 1991 days

the excalubur saws arm moves instead of the table so you depth of cut doesnt get messed up as much

-- kosta Virginia Beach, VA http://www.kostasworkshop.blogspot.com/

View garriv777's profile

garriv777

Just a little update as I type this on 7/23/2010. If you go to the Seyco website now you’ll notice that the saw is green now instead of purple. From what I understand, ” General ” has purchased the saw and now paints it their version of green that they use on all their other tools also. Also, there is a 30” version as well as a 20”. If you buy ” Scrollsaw woodworking & crafts ” magazine ( fall 2010 issue ) they do a nice comparison of many different scrollsaws and they have given the Excalibur high marks. I’m planning on purchasing this machine myself soon, it appears to be quite an impressive little scrollsaw from everything that I’ve read.

View Raker's profile

Raker

Guys if you are going to drop the kind of money to buy an excalibur do your self a favor and take a LONG look at the Hegner-it’s really a good saw. I’ve a hegner for several years and put many many hours on it and so far have no problems.

-- Raker from Des Moines