I aint fraid of ladders no more

Review by Zuki posted 1841 days ago 2196 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
I aint fraid of ladders no more No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I hate ladders, especially extension ladders. The height does not bother me . . . it’s the sudden stop at the end of a fall that does.

When I decided to start our rear deck I became a little apprehensive as it is 11 feet off the ground over the stairwell going into the basement (another 8 ft). But then I found Stand-off arms by LITE. I picked them up at Canadian Tire for $25.

There is nothing bad that I can say. The ladder is super stable and offers extra mobility to work against a wall. I was actually going up the ladder using only on hand to hold on while prior to this I would creep up a ladder hugging it at every rung.

I am very impressed.

-- BLOG - http://www.colorfulcanary.com/search/label/Zuki

View Zuki's profile

Zuki

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

It’s running up this rig with a bundle of asphalt shingles in each hand that truly makes you a believer of modern technology.
I have these and they work …in some spots.

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

View patron's profile (online now)

patron

12947 posts in 1925 days

while in new hampshire working on the roof ,
i got 1 at lowes ( not your make however )
it had rubber booties , and a paint hook ,
it was very stable !
for working up high , you cant beat it .
you can work without your face in the wall,
and it’s great for facia work .

View BTKS's profile

BTKS

1967 posts in 2049 days

I agree, I have a different version with the little giant ladder system but the same idea. Pulling load on the roof instead of the gutters and being able to put a support foot on either side of a window is helpful to say the least. Great idea, think I’ll try this model with my extension ladders. Gotta be cheaper than little giant.
BTKS

-- "Man's ingenuity has outrun his intelligence" (Joseph Wood Krutch)

View Myron Wooley's profile

Myron Wooley

I fell off my ladder the other day. It hurt a lot. Good thing I was only on the first rung…

(not really)

-- The days are long and the years are short...

View JimBuchanan's profile

JimBuchanan

27 posts in 1933 days

My wife thinks I’m nuts for not wanting to do the Christmas lights on the house each year. I’ll do the thrill stuff. Sky dive, bungee jump, those amusement park things that swing you back and forth: all fun. Love it. But, when comes to ladders, I don’t like ‘em. My logic is similar to yours. If I fall while doing any of the above, I’ll probably die – quickly. If I fall off a ladder, there’s going to be a lot of pain. I’m not a big fan of that kind of pain.

Nice review. Maybe I’ll go get one and do the Christmas lights this year.

-- Jim

View Dick, & Barb Cain's profile

Dick, & Barb Cain

I had removed the siding on the dormer of my house, & a few weeks later i was getting ready to put cedar shakes on it. There was a bulge in the tar paper, & I peeled back the tar paper, & a Bat shrieked at me. I was I jumped back, but luckily I landed on my feet with no injuries. I was up about 12’.
This happened in 1969, so I was quite agile then. I wouldn’t care to try it now.

View Splinterman's profile

Splinterman

23058 posts in 1946 days

That is a much better way to use a ladder….....and safer…..got to be a no brainer addition.
Wow Dick…...you sure was lucky man.

I’m no longer able to lift a high quality, rigid, heavy contractor style extension ladder. So when I got a much lighter one I realized how wobbly it was.
A standoff adds a lot of needed stability, although making it a little harder to handle.

Hey! I’m old! What can I say?

d

-- Will trade wife's yarn for tools.

View John Stegall's profile

John Stegall

I have the little platform from Lil Giant. I read about it in FHB and the guy said it was like standing on the sidewalk. I am not going to go that far but it really helps…I also have their stabilizers. Stabilizers really help.

-- jstegall