Easy mobile base for contractor saws

Review by skeeter posted 06-25-2009 06:19 PM 2389 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Easy mobile base for contractor saws No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently purchased these from my local Richmond VA Woodcraft. The owner saw my perplexion as I perused the mobile base section of the store. He asked what I was kind of equipment I was outfitting and then suggested these. I liked the idea of the equipment using its own legs as support when not in transit. I can’t imagine anything worse than a wobbley machine in use(aka my crappy jointer). I found these fairly easy to install. Two of the holes in the leg lined up although I had to enlarge them. The holes at the top of the casters had to have holes drilled into the leg. Not a problem for me because I have been a metal fabricator for 10 years. There is no mounting instructions but that is not a problem. All you do is hold the caster up to the leg in the up position and drill away. The bolts are 8 mm . The thing you should really watch out for though is that you heed the danger picture and not put your finger in the linkage for any reason as it is a major pinch point. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the wheel get hung up on small debris fairly easily. So I guess sweeping more just got more enticing. The price and ease of installation and the design not raising the height of your machine are all great reasons for purchasing these casters. They cost 45 dollars. Not bad! Oh, and they are unidirectional so they can go anywhere without a hassle.

-- My philosophy: Somewhere between Norm and Roy

13187 posts in 2096 days

#1 posted 06-25-2009 06:41 PM

look pretty good ,
what did they run you ?
oh , and how far can you run them ?

View RedShirt013's profile

RedShirt013

#2 posted 06-25-2009 09:12 PM

Do they offer fixed castor versions to go along with these swivels?

Actually are the castors replacable too? Those 1-1/2” type I don’t feel too comfortable with.

But these are definitely better than my delta contractor’s integrated mobile system, having the saw stand on two wheels and two levelers

-- Ed

View lazyfiremaninTN's profile

lazyfiremaninTN

#3 posted 06-26-2009 05:24 PM

I have a set on my Table saw and love them. I didn’t install mine just right and the wheels didn’t quite reach the ground right, soooo, I just added some washers and presto…..they reached the ground and it rolls great.

-- Adrian ..... The 11th Commandment...."Thou Shalt Not Buy A Wobble Dado"