Great customer service

Review by ColonelTravis posted 05-02-2016 09:05 PM 2636 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great customer service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This isn’t a blade review, but I’ve bought several and been pleased with all of them. (I recommend the 3-pack for the price and versatility – one for curves, one for rip and one for reswaw for less than $100.) Will continue to buy from them, especially now. Not long ago I ordered a replacement 3/4” and I could not get the thing to stop wobbling at least 1/4 inch back and forth. Messed with every adjustment imaginable and nothing worked. I thought maybe I even screwed up the top wheel alignment. Then I put on one of my other, smaller TW blades to see what would happen and it worked perfectly. Tried another and it worked fine. After going online too see if anyone ever had similar problems, it seems that either the weld on the 3/4 blade was bad or it may have been slightly longer than what I needed (I’ve got a Grizzly 17”, which takes odd-sized blades.)

Contacted TW and they’re sending another for free, don’t have to send the bad one back. Just wanted to spread the word, if you didn’t already know, that they make quality blades and that if they send out a dud they’ll set it straight.

Don’t know what I’ll do with the bad blade. Guess I can make 10,000 dovetail marking knives.

View ArtMann's profile

ArtMann

#1 posted 05-03-2016 12:19 AM

Several years ago, Timberwolf sent out a bad batch of resaw blades that had metal cracks in the gullets that caused the band to split and break. I quickly got a warranty replacement and so did my friend, who ordered a resaw blade at about the same time. I appreciate their efforts to make things right but the defect was obvious with only a casual inspection. I don’t want a company that quickly replaces defective merchandise. I want a company that doesn’t sell defective merchandise. I have just started buying from them again in the last year because they are typically good blades. I hope this isn’t a bad sign.

#2 posted 05-03-2016 12:57 AM

Interesting, only had my bandsaw and their blades for a year. My bad one was a resaw blade but when I checked it I could find nothing clearly wrong. Will keep that info. in mind, thanks Art.

View runswithscissors's profile

runswithscissors

2751 posts in 2024 days

#3 posted 05-03-2016 02:10 AM

That sure sounds like a bad weld to me.

View Dan Krager's profile

Dan Krager

#4 posted 05-04-2016 01:09 PM

Yes, bad weld. Clip the blade at the weld and gently grind the ends square and put a small bevel on the flat sides to take up the weld. Take it to a machine shop where they weld their own blades and get it welded. Check the back edge with a long straight edge to be sure the weld is indeed true, and it should work fine.

DanK

-- Dan Krager, Olney IL http://www.kragerwoodworking.weebly.com One should always prefer the probable impossible to the improbable possible.

View ArtMann's profile

ArtMann

#5 posted 05-05-2016 03:37 PM

Why would someone want to have a defective blade repaired instead of sending it back to the manufacturer for replacement? It sounds like the guy was talking about new blades.

- Dan Krager

View Dan Krager's profile

Dan Krager

#6 posted 05-05-2016 10:26 PM

Art, the impression I had was that the defective blade was (going to be) replaced and this was basically junk not returnable to the mfr. If it is indeed a bad weld, it’s trivial to fix and one has an extra blade for the effort.

#7 posted 05-07-2016 05:40 PM

Didn’t repair this, they sent a new one, which works great.