Great book for ideas & inspiration

Review by Tooch posted 04-11-2016 10:43 PM 2545 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great book for ideas & inspiration Great book for ideas & inspiration Great book for ideas & inspiration Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just picked up this book for $25 yesterday at my local Rockler, and I must say it will be worth every penny. Just leafing through the pages while I was still in the store gave me at least a dozen ideas for new additions I can make to my shop to keep it running smoother, safer, and more organized.

The thing that really impressed me was how comprehensive the text is. Despite the fact that each idea is very raw, (not really detailing much about the builds), the illustrations are more than enough to get your imagination running wild. More than just storage ideas, there are ideas for every major machine (in a standard shop), dust collection, jigs/fixtures sharpening, finishing, sanding, glue-ups, assembly tables, etc.

I don’t claim to be the most creative person when it comes to building items for my shop, so im really looking forward to having this to help inspire me.

-- "Well, the world needs ditch-diggers too..." - Judge Smails

View Tooch's profile

Tooch

View David Taylor's profile

David Taylor

#1 posted 04-12-2016 03:46 AM

Thanks so much! Ordered mine :)

-- Learn Relentlessly

View Roger's profile

20928 posts in 2800 days

#2 posted 04-12-2016 11:25 AM

Thnx for your review. Looks like a gr8 book. FYI: check out half.com. They always have books/dvds/etc., usually a little less $$. Some are used, some are new. Sorry to show you this, but, for any future books and things you may want to check it out. I found it here: http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Great-Book-of-Woodworking-Tips-Over-650-Ingenious-Workshop-Tips-Techniques-and-Secrets-from-the-Experts-at-American-Woodworker-by-Randy-Johnson-2012-Paperback/109067712&cpid=5000000226369