Dustless Hand Sanding

Review by AandCstyle posted 04-10-2016 10:52 PM 2455 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dustless Hand Sanding No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have pretty good dust collection in my shop until it comes to hand sanding. Then there has been no dust collection at the point of creation and the air filter goes full blast over my head. However, that means that the dust I create goes right by my nose and I wake up coughing during the night.

Today, that changed! This ergonomically shaped Mirka Abranet Vac Block sanding block with built in dust collection collected the dust so well that I couldn’t smell the walnut I was working on. It includes an adapter to attach to a couple different shop vac hoses and fit mine very well. The Vac Block almost made hand sanding pleasurable. ;)

An added bonus is that it requires the use of Mirka’s Abranet sanding mesh products. Based on my experience today, they cut very fast. Time will tell how well they last.

I am a very happy camper! :)

-- Art

View AandCstyle's profile

AandCstyle

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

#1 posted 04-10-2016 11:13 PM

Looks really interesting. Thanks.

View GregD's profile

GregD

#2 posted 04-11-2016 03:37 PM

I have one. I use it for sanding finishes between coats. It seems particularly good for sanding built-in projects that are being sprayed so that the standing dust doesn’t end up back in the finish. Probably not the best choice for rough work. When making a dusty mess isn’t an issue I use a Preppin’ Weapon and wear a dust mask.

-- Greg D.