Outstanding Customer Service

Review by spaids posted 06-05-2009 05:28 PM 5819 views 2 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Outstanding Customer Service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have a small garage shop. For some reason my wife insists on parking right in the middle of it! This leaves me needing everything to be compact and mobile. I have no room for dust collection but learned right away after starting this hobby that dust collection is not an option, its a necessity. My shop vac wasn’t going to last long with a chronically clogged filter. Thankfully I found these guys. I bought the Mini CV06. I hooked it up to my shop vac. I lived happily ever after. The thing works like magic and all my problems were solved. One day I broke my Mini CV06. I didn’t say that “it” broke, I said “I broke it”. I went to the Clearvue forum and asked for advice about repairing it. The owner of the company got on the forum and said he still had my address on file and was shipping me a new Mini CV06. I said hey dude its cool I broke it, I just need advice. Ed told me that he didn’t think his product should have been breakable and he was sending me a new one for free. No shipping. No Handling. Free. He then went on to give me the repair advice I asked for and said I could keep my old one and fix it if I wanted to. Well that was a brilliant move on his part because I have been yelling from the mountain tops about how AWESOME this product is and how great the customer service is ever since.

Buy it. Use it. You will be impressed.
Mini CV06

View Don K.'s profile

Don K.

1075 posts in 2014 days

#1 posted 06-05-2009 05:40 PM

That is VERY impressive. The man (Owner) knows how to run a business. Do you have a web site for this tool/business….I have never even heard of them.

-- Don S.E. OK

#2 posted 06-05-2009 05:56 PM

“Do you have a web site for this tool/business….I have never even heard of them”

There is a link in the review plus the picture is also a link.

View woodsmithshop's profile

woodsmithshop

#3 posted 06-05-2009 07:08 PM

I too have had outstanding service from this company here is their site .http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/
I purchased the cv1800, and if my first wife sucked half as good, I would have kept her.
I bought a 30 gal garbage can to collect the dust in, and I had to build a cross piece of plywood to place in it to keep it from being sucked flat. Ed Morgano answers the phone himself and is very knowledgeable and helpful.
I am still in the process of installing ductwork, hope to be done in a couple of weeks, everyone else has priority projects, so I don’t get to work on it as much as I want.

-- Smitty!!!

View laflaone's profile

laflaone

#4 posted 06-06-2009 12:42 AM

The original poster is right on. I bought my clearvue mini about six months ago. I love it. Almost nothing get to my shopvac (The 20 gal Craftsman model, which will suck the chrome off a trailer ball). Don’t let others fool you: I use it on my jointer and planer, and it handles almost all the sawdust.

The only problem encountered was I originally used a 5gl Home Depot bucket. The suction collapsed it. I went to a local chemical supply co, and bought an empty 15 gal hard plastic container for $5. Cut the top off (very carefully with a hand saw), and routed a 1/2” wide by 1/2” deep channel in a circular piece of MDF with a jig, then used the peel and stick strip insulation for a seal.

-- "non illegitimis carborundum"

#5 posted 06-06-2009 04:20 PM

That’s great news to hear.

I’ve been looking at this system for quite some time now.

You can build your own from these free plans.

View a1Jim's profile (online now)

#6 posted 06-06-2009 04:41 PM

sounds like a good product

View Chris 's profile

Chris

#7 posted 06-07-2009 09:12 PM

Dick… thanks for the link… uhmmm I think I might just purchase this instead of building it though… But I must say that after a few minutes looking at the do it yourself plans I really appreciate what goes into mfg these.

#8 posted 06-07-2009 09:17 PM

I’m thinking the same thoughts Chris.

It takes too much time from woodworking.

#9 posted 06-08-2009 12:46 AM

Dick and Chris,

I also found those plans when I was searching for a solution for my dust collection. I believe that the clearvue cyclones are actually licensed through bill pentz. So the clearvue is the bill pentz design. I thought about making my own and realized that the time and expense it would take me before I got it working right would end up being greater than just buying it and getting it over with. It weird because I will not buy a jig. That stuff I HAVE to make myself but the cyclone I just wanted to buy it and get it going so I could back to work.

View Abe Low's profile

Abe Low

#10 posted 10-15-2009 10:04 PM

I too have the full size clearvue cyclone and love it. I have a 55 gallon barrel under it that gets filled every couple of months. The separator works so well that I have no visible dust coming out of the cyclone. In fact, I don’t even have a filter or bag on the outflow which is vented to my back yard.

-- Abe Low, Fine furniture, Sacramento, CA

#11 posted 10-15-2009 10:06 PM

It sounds great Abe.

#12 posted 10-15-2009 10:15 PM

yea its such a great company that its a little frustrating for me to see them getting ripped off by a much larger company selling the same product (the shop vac cyclone) only a few years after it was introduced by Clearvue.