Awesome machine for the $$

Review by TOMTOMHouston posted 04-02-2016 10:05 PM 2901 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Awesome machine for the $$ No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Was looking for a solid bench top belt sander for a reasonable price. Found this at Lowes for 179. Well made, no vibration adequate tables ( hey it’s a sander)well packed and a snap to assemble. Fit and finish is good industrial style . Low noise. Easily adjusted belt tracking. Fits right up to my Rigid 2 1/2 shop vac hose for excellent dust control. Just spent 2 hours sanding 114 pine blocks all edges, machine didn’t event get warm. I don’t think there is a better deal out there. If I had a commercial shop I would probably buy a couple. Longevity is to be seen but I am impressed.

View TOMTOMHouston's profile

TOMTOMHouston

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

#1 posted 04-04-2016 01:43 AM

I have the same machine and love it so far. It’s a small learning curve for me as I’ve never used a powered belt sander. If not used right, it breaks pieces of your work, which I found out the hard way. And always check the belt because my belt had a really high spot that I didn’t notice and created grooves in my piece. I didn’t know what that was and kept sanding until I realized it wasn’t going away, so voila, bump on the belt. It has enough power, bigger disc is a welcome, and looking forward to using this more.

View vulgarviking's profile

vulgarviking

#2 posted 04-05-2016 07:47 PM

My wife bought me the same machine for Christmas two years ago, and I love it! For the belt and disc size for the money, you can’t go wrong.

View Kaleb the Swede's profile

Kaleb the Swede

#3 posted 04-07-2016 01:03 PM

I have been wondering about this machine for a while. It looks nice. I may have to pick one up. Thanks for the review

-- Just trying to build something beautiful

View empty5853's profile

empty5853

#4 posted 08-15-2016 06:54 PM

Here’s another yes vote for this machine. Bought it a few weeks ago at Lowes for $179 and I love it. I’ve used it to the point of almost abuse and it’s done everything I’ve thrown at it. I’ve sanded oak, maple and cherry with no problem. I’ve even done some heavy sanding on metal. Still no problem. I couldn’t justify or afford one of the $500 + ones so I’m glad this one was available. As the first poster said I can’t speak for it’s longevity yet. Only time will tell but I’m confident it will last. Great machine for a great price

View papandy's profile

papandy

#5 posted 12-04-2016 04:43 AM

I purchased the Porter Cable scroll saw in this product line (which has worked great so far) and recently received this belt sander as a birthday gift. Installation was a breeze, as was alignment on the belt. Despite other reviews I’ve seen on PC products, they seem to have stepped up their game and produced some rugged tools at affordable prices.