A comfortable Dust Mask RZ Mask

Review by gpastor posted 03-26-2016 01:57 AM 8230 views 3 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A comfortable Dust Mask RZ Mask A comfortable Dust Mask RZ Mask No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I really don’t like wearing dust masks in the shop. I try to catch the dust right off the Machine and try not to let it go airborne. I have tried just about all types of masks being dust mask or respirators and I never liked any of them. Some of them made me feel claustrophobic, sweaty and just terribly and comfortable. And none of them have ever been safety glass friendly. Either fogging up the glasses or having straps interfere with the temple sides. And I don’t care to shave all my facial hair so one of those rubber type fit Per manufacturers recommendations .
I came across this mask watching a video on YouTube By April Wilkerson . She gave it a good review http://youtu.be/drzS76g8LhE
Go to 2:40

I Oder one and I do like this new dust mask. Light weight. One strap, ez on and off and doesn’t get in the way of my glasses. And no fogged up glass. It fillers out to .1 micron that’s really good. I know that there are better type of dust protection, like a full face respirator but the best one is the one that you are most likely to wear.

Here is info on them and a special offer for woodworkers

-- Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life. Proverbs 16:31

View gpastor's profile

gpastor

View nk3t's profile

nk3t

#1 posted 03-26-2016 10:52 AM

I went to the link, and decided to order using the “April” code at checkout. It appears to give me free shipping, but not the free HEPA filters. If I could figure out how to get the deal, I would order.

View Alexandre Lussier's profile

Alexandre Lussier

#2 posted 03-26-2016 11:59 AM

Thanks for that review, I was looking for a beard and glasses friendly dust mask! I found a Canadian distributor (Wessel) and I will get one next week.

-- Alex, Bas Saint-Laurent

View builtinbkyn's profile

builtinbkyn

1964 posts in 846 days

#3 posted 03-26-2016 01:07 PM

Here’s the mask with 5 extra filters that include HEPA filters. Amazon link

They are available in other colors and sizes as well. I think I’ll order one.

-- Bill, Yo!......in Brooklyn & Steel City :)

View gpastor's profile

gpastor

#4 posted 03-26-2016 03:20 PM

The filter don’t show up at check out but they will send them.

View HillbillyShooter's profile

HillbillyShooter

#5 posted 03-26-2016 04:18 PM

Thanks for the review. I ordered one but have to admit the company’s checkout was less than ideal in applying the advertised discount when choosing expedited shipping, but we’ll see how things go.

View Roger's profile

20904 posts in 2710 days

#6 posted 03-27-2016 01:54 PM

Thnx for your review, and the link for Aprils recommendation

View KevCamp's profile

KevCamp

#7 posted 10-10-2016 04:16 PM

Thanks for the review. I wear glasses, and need all the visibility I can get, as well as something that is not going to make my face super hot. I ordered the M2, from RZ. It comes with 2 filters, and the Code RZNEWS gets you free shipping and 15% off. I’ve been looking at respirators, and masks with odor filtering. This seemed to be the best one. Most respirators will have your face shield in contact with them. That seemed to me like it would deliver more of an impact to me, so I went with the RZ mask.

View Abter's profile

Abter

#8 posted 02-12-2018 03:55 PM

I am allergic to purpleheart; swells my nostrils badly for a few days. Bought the M2 model. It is fairly comfortable and not hot. I have a beard and wear glasses. glasses are no problem at all. Same when using a turners face shield. However it has not fully stopped purpleheart dust from getting to my nose. I suspect it is leakage around mask edges, rather than coming through the filters. It seems to help, but not enough. I am not satisfied, but will probably never use purpleheart again.

-- "Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after." {often mis-quoted as by H.D. Thoreau}