Finger Joint Jig Hack

Review by SJ881 posted 03-25-2016 04:23 PM 1729 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Finger Joint Jig Hack Finger Joint Jig Hack No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just bought this Jig and Tried it Yesterday for the first time, Joint came out really nice. I watched a few Videos and READ the Directions First. Only thing that needed help was once on the Router table and adjusted, I could not get to the Adjustment hole for my router. I needed to raise the bit a little and had to remove the jig,adjust the bit then Re-adjust the finger joint jig before Starting. Did a little research last night and this was suggested! DUH! (slaps Forehead!) used a piece of paper to locate the hole then transfered the mark to the jig.

Hope this helps somebody

-- I only Fish on days that end in "Y"

View SJ881's profile

SJ881

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

#1 posted 03-26-2016 12:57 AM

I have one of these. Works well. It’s deceptively simple.

-- Subscribe to "Stumpy Nubs Woodworking Journal"- One of the crafts' most unique publications: http://www.stumpynubs.com/

View WhoMe's profile

WhoMe

#2 posted 03-26-2016 05:19 AM

I have used the jig several times and that is the first thing I recommend anyone buying it does.
I think Rockler needs to modify the jig for router lifts and or have directions to modify the base like you did. It is stupid to remove the jig to adjust the height and then lose the joint adjustment. Thankfully the spline jigs have access to height adjustments via a lift or a fixed router base.
Other than that, the jig works well.

-- I'm not clumsy.. It's just the floor hates me, the tables and chairs are bullies, the wall gets in the way AAANNNDDD table saws BITE my fingers!!!.. - Mike -

View abie's profile

abie

#3 posted 03-26-2016 02:14 PM

bot one then found it would not fit my BenchDog router table ( Now owner by Rcklr)
Returned it and made my own.
the metal key is the best thing about this jig.

-- Bruce. a mind is like a book it is only useful when open.