Veritas Bar Guage Beautiful

Review by kapanen posted 03-21-2016 10:58 PM 2681 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Veritas Bar Guage Beautiful No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I must say this measuring device is expensive, but well worth it. Works exactly as advertised. Straight out of the box, measured the inside of a box for the bottom rabbet. Transferred the measured rods to the table saw and cut my stock. It fit perfectly, not even an ants hair of a gap.

I am sure I will make a box for it, to keep it all together….lol.

If you are looking at purchasing, rest assured this is a quality tool that will last a very long time functioning exactly the way you hope it will.

With that being said, be prepared to spend a little on it….but the time savings, and assurance that your measurement is right on, I feel is worth the expense. “Creeping” up on the line, has caused so much waste of time, and frustration…..no more with this little job.

-- "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"....Pablo Picasso

View kapanen's profile

kapanen

View copcarcollector's profile

copcarcollector

#1 posted 03-22-2016 03:09 AM

Thanks for the review, this has been on my ‘want’ list for a while now.

And it is much less $ than the recently offered OTT from Woodpeckers.

View kapanen's profile

kapanen

#2 posted 03-22-2016 04:41 AM

Funny that you mention that copcarcollector, Seeing the one offered by Woodpecker is what spawned my Google search to find one that was at least reasonable. Rockler offers one too, but it was no where near the quality.

-- "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"....Pablo Picasso

View waho6o9's profile

waho6o9

#3 posted 03-22-2016 04:50 AM

Good to know, thanks

View toddbeaulieu's profile

toddbeaulieu

#4 posted 03-24-2016 07:06 PM

Funny, when I saw the update to the Veritas (new add-ons) I wasted about 15 minutes trying to find the order on which I had originally purchased the bar gauge. Ha ha. I had the Woodpeckers product, not the Veritas.