Wixey WR300 Digital Angle Gauge

Review by Emeralds posted 05-20-2009 08:58 PM 4471 views 1 time favorited 31 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Wixey WR300 Digital Angle Gauge No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

The Wixey WR300 angle gauge is the perfect device for setting up a table saw, jointer table, bandsaw or any device that requires specific angle juxtaposition. Beyond setting your tool at a 90 degree angle, the WR300 allows you to get +/- 0.1º and for those in need of accurate angle cuts, this can only be a good thing.

Aside from setting the tools themselves this little device takes all the guess work out of jig construction, drill press hole angles and anything requiring a precise, repeatable angle.

The unit couldn’t be easier to setup. Simply place the WR300 in the upright position on your reference surface (the one from which you will measure the desired angle) and hit the zero button. It’s just as easy to set your angle which appears automatically allowing for on the fly adjustments to your tool.

The unit comes with two batteries and will, like most digital equipment, discharge the battery even when not in use so I recommend you remove the battery (an easy process) and store it empty between uses.

The WR300 takes all the guess work and uncertainty out of repeatable angles which can now be set to within +/- 0.1 degree accuracy with no more difficult than moving the table or blade itself. I wonder why I waited so long to get one.

-- JMP

View Emeralds's profile

Emeralds

View lew's profile

lew

#1 posted 05-20-2009 10:21 PM

I never knew how handy this little gauge could be!

Check your drill press table, Check the bandsaw table, Check the jointer fence. It really works!!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Don Newton's profile

Don Newton

#2 posted 05-20-2009 10:25 PM

That’s it….gotta get one!

-- Don, Pittsburgh

View PKP's profile

PKP

#3 posted 05-20-2009 10:49 PM

i use one fo set up great device.

#4 posted 05-21-2009 12:03 AM

I have to agree with you on your review. I have one of these as well and use it to set up all my saws and my jointer.

#5 posted 05-21-2009 12:07 AM

I like mine it really help with getting dead on for box miters on your miter sled. Thanks for the review

#6 posted 05-21-2009 12:53 AM

I’m still kicking myself for not getting one from WoodCraft on sale for $28 a short time ago : (

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

2570 posts in 2089 days

#7 posted 05-21-2009 01:08 AM

Got one early on…worth it’s price and then some!
I love the thing and use it on all my blades.

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View sIKE's profile

sIKE

#8 posted 05-21-2009 03:40 AM

I love mine too!

-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"

View pitchnsplinters's profile

pitchnsplinters

262 posts in 2094 days

#9 posted 05-21-2009 11:38 AM

Now you tell me to take the battery out. Thanks for the review.

-- Just 'cause a cat has kittens in the oven, it don't make 'em biscuits.

View Gary Fixler's profile

Gary Fixler

1000 posts in 2038 days

#10 posted 05-21-2009 01:20 PM

I’m adding my card to the hat full of people who have one and love it. It’s treated me well.

-- Gary, Los Angeles, video game animator

#11 posted 05-21-2009 02:53 PM

I also use the Wixey to set the table on the bandsaw. The Wixey magnets stick to the bandsaw blade like they do to the tablesaw blade.
It works well with the Miter saw, too.
If you think about it, this little unit is amazingly versatile.

d

-- Will trade wife's yarn for tools.

View Julian's profile

Julian

#12 posted 05-21-2009 03:07 PM

I have one and love it also. I use mine when building stair rails too. It’s great for figuring out the exact miter angle for the cap, and rail, then repeating the cut on the miter saw.

-- Julian, Park Forest, IL

View RedShirt013's profile

RedShirt013

#13 posted 05-21-2009 04:49 PM

I have the one sold by Lee Valley also and find that it’s extremely helpful also, although a bit slow to update its angle reading (the 1/50 degree on that one is hard to nail), especially in winter when stored in a cold garage. You can also use it to set the perfect bevel when sharpening your chiesels on a stone

-- Ed

View Splinterman's profile

Splinterman

23058 posts in 2018 days

#14 posted 05-21-2009 04:53 PM

Very versatile addition to the shop.

View khop's profile

khop

#15 posted 05-21-2009 10:01 PM

Peachtree Woodworking has them on sale for $19.99 right now. Get em before they’re gone.

KHOP