A great product

Review by Karson posted 05-15-2009 04:04 AM 2243 views 2 times favorited 19 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A great product A great product A great product Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve used this product for years. I picked it up at a wood show and I’ve not seen it since. You can buy it online, but I need to find a supplier.

I use this product on bandsaw blades, especially good when resawing. I also use it on my Mortising machine to lubricate the drill bit in the chisels.

It makes the chips slide easier and cuts down on the heat generated by all of the wood going through the chisels.

The Par Enterprises web site

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

#1 posted 05-15-2009 04:08 AM

I have been using PAM vegetable oil but it’s a bit messy if you are not careful.
Does your pack have an address Karson?

Bob

Don K.

1075 posts in 1984 days

#3 posted 05-15-2009 06:26 AM

Thanks Karson,
I take it that this does not affect the wood come finishing time ??

-- Don S.E. OK

Thanks Karson.

View Emeralds's profile

Emeralds

#6 posted 05-15-2009 03:11 PM

I’ve been using Boeshield T-9 which seems to work well but the cans are small and I go through it realatively quickly. (probably using it too much). I’ll check this stuff out to see how it compares. Always looking for something that works better.

-- JMP

View ND2ELK's profile

ND2ELK

#7 posted 05-15-2009 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info. Looks like a great product.

God Bless
tom

-- Mc Bridge Cabinets, Iowa

#8 posted 05-15-2009 03:43 PM

thanks for the info. I use DriCote (got it from LeeValley.com) myself with good results. I put it on all my blades.

#9 posted 05-15-2009 03:45 PM

Thanks for the post, Karson. I will have to look into this.

#10 posted 05-15-2009 04:09 PM

Emeralds: This is not for the tools to keep them from rusting like T9 is. I spray this on the blades for easy in cutting.

It does not stain the wood or impact any finishing.

#11 posted 05-15-2009 04:53 PM

Bob #2 – PAM contains Silicone… and is actually not recommended for such porposes as the silicone can get on the wood, and cause finishing issues.

actually, we went to William Sonoma a while back, and they had their demo. they we re introducing a new non-stick pancake maker. they specifically said not to use PAM on it, nor anything that contains silicone as it wears off and eats up the non-stick layer.

#12 posted 05-15-2009 07:12 PM

Correction – regarding PAM:

I checked , and PAM does NOT contain silicone. but it still is not suitable for non-stick surfaces as it builds up a layer that cannot be taken off. there are also reports of it gunking up on other applications. I personally would stay away from that – but if you are getting good results from it- go for it.

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

#13 posted 05-15-2009 07:21 PM

I generally don’t have a problem with my blade on my 18” bandsaw.
What does gunk it up is sawing any type of conifers (pines etc)
as the pitch wants to coat my blade making a mess on the tires as well.
I use a bit of Pam then and clean up after with WD-40 on a piece of 3m abrasive pad.
I dont remember what the guys running mills were using. I never thought to ask.

Bob

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

#14 posted 05-15-2009 07:25 PM

cool, I guess if you clean it up with WD40 afterwards, it wouldn’t gunk up, and should work well.

View Kindlingmaker's profile

Kindlingmaker

#15 posted 05-15-2009 08:06 PM

Karson, The product sounds really good but the price… Does it last a while?

-- Never board, always knotty, lots of growth rings