WoodRiver Retracting Caster Review

Review by OakHill posted 02-28-2016 10:18 AM 2847 views 2 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
WoodRiver Retracting Caster Review WoodRiver Retracting Caster Review WoodRiver Retracting Caster Review Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased these casters for the Bosch GTS 1031Table Saw mounted on top of the Bosch GTA 500 Stand.

The casters swivel smoothly and I never had a problem with them getting stuck or not rotating as some reviewers had experienced. Some preliminary testing had to be done. (See Base Description below) The mechanism works great and is easily operated. The foot action for raising and lowering the casters works exceptionally well. A very well designed product from WoodRiver.

As a retired Manufacturing Engineer, I can vouch for the quality of the materials used and the attention to detail that went into the manufacture of these casters. Also the price is very reasonable. I would not hesitate to buy other products from WoodRiver.

These WoodRiver Retracting Casters get my five star rating.

I designed a new base to use these casters for my Bosch GTS 1031 Table Saw.
I used to manually lift the table saw with stand and carry it away from the wall. Now with a simple tap to the lever and in a few seconds the saw is repositioned and ready to go to work.

Click below for description of the base:

-- John, Illinois, http://OakHillWoodCreations.com

View OakHill's profile

OakHill

View Scott Oldre's profile

Scott Oldre

#1 posted 03-02-2016 07:58 PM

Nicely done. I’ve often wondered how I could make use of those type casters for other equipment in my shop. Thanks for sharing.

-- Scott, Irmo SC

View JBrow's profile

JBrow

#2 posted 03-10-2016 03:53 AM

OakHill,

Thanks for the review. I was wondering about these as a replacement for under the leg medium duty casters I am now using. Heaving duty casters are required but these raise the workbench surface above the table saw surface. I was looking for an alternative to cutting the legs shorter to accommodate under leg casters. I will check the load rating before I buy.