Household product that removes CA Glue residue…and the Dan & Odie Show

Review by Douglas Bordner posted 1888 days ago 20439 views 0 times favorited 113 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Household product that removes CA Glue residue…and the Dan & Odie Show No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Calico Polish Off Artifical Nail and Polish Remover. Excellent and effective product for removing CA glue build up from fingers. I haven’t had the need (knock wood) to separate my fingers from themselves or a workpiece using this product, so I do buy the Super Solvent that is a shelfmate of the other Hot Stuff Cyanoacylate glues I use. However after fiddling with some inlay banding today, I developed a thin coat of CA on the fingers. At $2.99 the Polish Off (with Acetone) is significantly less expensive for removing dried CA on the skin than the industrial product, plus it has Vitamins A & E for the hands that loved to be touched and admired. Don’t use it if you just had your french tips done. ;^)

A little on a washcloth and it’s back out to the shop.

View Russel's profile

Russel

I typically use 150 grit sand paper, but I’m guessing this stuff is a bit easier on the skin.

-- Working at Woodworking http://www.VillageLaneFurniture.com

View Zuki's profile

Zuki

View mmh's profile

mmh

So what’s YOUR current color? Pink Flamingo or Perfect Peach? Or, maybe Masculine Mango . . . }:)~

-- "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19279 posts in 2435 days

Your secret is safe with me Doug. Does it act as hair remover or restorer as well?. LOL

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

111999 posts in 2161 days

your secret weapon

View Tim Dahn's profile

Tim Dahn

Care to tell us about any other episodes with your wife make up?.........Don’t answer that. Seriously, thanks great tip!

-- Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement.

View CharlieM1958's profile

CharlieM1958

I always knew you were just a little too sensitive. :-)

But seriously, being comfortable enough to admit using such a feminine product proves that you are secure in your masculinity. (There… I think I covered you, Sweetie.)

-- Charlie M. "Woodworking - patience = firewood"

View DocK16's profile

DocK16

Word has it you wear a thong. Really though I could have used this just the other day.

-- Common sense is so rare anymore when you do see it, it looks like pure genius.

Douglas Bordner

Only thing I wear with straps are Carhardt’s. Can’t even imagine wearing butt floss, Doc.

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

Butt floss, huh?

I get shivers just with the visual!

Douglas Bordner

Always the southern gentleman, Charlie. Next time I discover something cheap and useful on a shelf outside the garage I’m keepin’ it to myself. Sheesh!

View spanky46's profile

spanky46

977 posts in 1975 days

From polish remover to butt floss? What have you done with my Lumberjocks site?

-- spanky46 -- Never enough clamps...Never enough tools...Never enough time.

Douglas Bordner

Uh Spanky…I take it that in your 86 days on the site you’ve yet to encountered either Dan, Grumpy or Odie’s posts. I, before the rain of insults and innuendo was merely attempting to point out a worthwhile substitute for a product that retails at $5.98 for 4 oz. versus a product that goes for $2.99 for 8 oz. and might be found amongst the household items, should your find yourself in need of an emergency debonding.

Hope I didn’t muck up YOUR pristine WW site. Again…Sheesh.

View Napaman's profile

Napaman

OH NO!!! I dont want to see a photo war with kitty cat butt floss pictures for the next 6 months…lets all keep this strand a secret!!!

-- Matt--Proud LJ since 2007

Douglas Bordner

I can assure you Matt, there’s a 4 in 5 chance that Dan is actually readying something to post right here as we type…