Household product that removes CA Glue residue…and the Dan & Odie Show

Review by Douglas Bordner posted 05-09-2009 11:52 PM 20569 views 0 times favorited 113 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Household product that removes CA Glue residue…and the Dan & Odie Show No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Calico Polish Off Artifical Nail and Polish Remover. Excellent and effective product for removing CA glue build up from fingers. I haven’t had the need (knock wood) to separate my fingers from themselves or a workpiece using this product, so I do buy the Super Solvent that is a shelfmate of the other Hot Stuff Cyanoacylate glues I use. However after fiddling with some inlay banding today, I developed a thin coat of CA on the fingers. At $2.99 the Polish Off (with Acetone) is significantly less expensive for removing dried CA on the skin than the industrial product, plus it has Vitamins A & E for the hands that loved to be touched and admired. Don’t use it if you just had your french tips done. ;^)

A little on a washcloth and it’s back out to the shop.

View Russel's profile

Russel

#1 posted 05-10-2009 12:09 AM

I typically use 150 grit sand paper, but I’m guessing this stuff is a bit easier on the skin.

-- Working at Woodworking http://www.VillageLaneFurniture.com

View Zuki's profile

Zuki

#2 posted 05-10-2009 12:52 AM

View mmh's profile

mmh

#3 posted 05-10-2009 01:01 AM

So what’s YOUR current color? Pink Flamingo or Perfect Peach? Or, maybe Masculine Mango . . . }:)~

-- "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19472 posts in 2516 days

#4 posted 05-10-2009 02:53 AM

Your secret is safe with me Doug. Does it act as hair remover or restorer as well?. LOL

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

#5 posted 05-10-2009 02:57 AM

your secret weapon

View Tim Dahn's profile

Tim Dahn

#6 posted 05-10-2009 03:25 AM

Care to tell us about any other episodes with your wife make up?.........Don’t answer that. Seriously, thanks great tip!

-- Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement.

View CharlieM1958's profile

CharlieM1958

#7 posted 05-10-2009 04:30 AM

I always knew you were just a little too sensitive. :-)

But seriously, being comfortable enough to admit using such a feminine product proves that you are secure in your masculinity. (There… I think I covered you, Sweetie.)

-- Charlie M. "Woodworking - patience = firewood"

View DocK16's profile

DocK16

#8 posted 05-10-2009 05:21 AM

Word has it you wear a thong. Really though I could have used this just the other day.

-- Common sense is so rare anymore when you do see it, it looks like pure genius.

#9 posted 05-10-2009 06:59 AM

Only thing I wear with straps are Carhardt’s. Can’t even imagine wearing butt floss, Doc.

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

#10 posted 05-10-2009 07:02 AM

Butt floss, huh?

I get shivers just with the visual!

#11 posted 05-10-2009 07:10 AM

Always the southern gentleman, Charlie. Next time I discover something cheap and useful on a shelf outside the garage I’m keepin’ it to myself. Sheesh!

View spanky46's profile

spanky46

977 posts in 2055 days

#12 posted 05-10-2009 03:14 PM

From polish remover to butt floss? What have you done with my Lumberjocks site?

-- spanky46 -- Never enough clamps...Never enough tools...Never enough time.

#13 posted 05-10-2009 05:29 PM

Uh Spanky…I take it that in your 86 days on the site you’ve yet to encountered either Dan, Grumpy or Odie’s posts. I, before the rain of insults and innuendo was merely attempting to point out a worthwhile substitute for a product that retails at $5.98 for 4 oz. versus a product that goes for $2.99 for 8 oz. and might be found amongst the household items, should your find yourself in need of an emergency debonding.

Hope I didn’t muck up YOUR pristine WW site. Again…Sheesh.

View Napaman's profile

Napaman

#14 posted 05-10-2009 05:43 PM

OH NO!!! I dont want to see a photo war with kitty cat butt floss pictures for the next 6 months…lets all keep this strand a secret!!!

-- Matt--Proud LJ since 2007

#15 posted 05-10-2009 05:50 PM

I can assure you Matt, there’s a 4 in 5 chance that Dan is actually readying something to post right here as we type…