Fantastic 110v Tablesaw

Review by HybridIndie posted 01-25-2008 06:15 PM 5391 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Fantastic 110v Tablesaw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve had this saw for just over a year now and love it. The saw has plenty of power and is very accurate. Repeatable cuts are a breeze as long as you don’t need more that 25” of capacity. This being my only complaint about it. The saw itself is smooth with no noticeable vibration even with my 8” stacked Dado installed. I have ripped long pieces of Red Oak strips for face frames using this with a pretty generous feed rate and no noticeable bogging down in the motor. I have recently upgraded the blade to a Woodworker II from Forrest but for about 9 months I used the blade that shipped with it with a lot of success. (I’ve been told the blade is actually a Leitz blade but can’t verify it)

This thing weighs a ton almost 400 pounds with the cast-iron top and extension wings. The unit came delivered in two boxes and was setup from the factory. The unit is assembled upside-down so have a friend handy when you have to flip it upright. The shipping carton for the cabinet itself was a metal frame that actually was reused for larger scrap storage. The second box was the fence rails for the front and back. The fence is an extruded aluminum with t-tracks on the top, which does make it nice for attaching jigs, fixtures, and extensions. Took me a little over 2 hours to assemble, then I was cutting wood and trying to find something to make. The fence locks in the front and does a good job of remaining square. I am almost to the point of anal when it comes to my tools though checking and rechecking for square before and during projects. I have only twice had to make an adjustment. The first time was actually my fault causing the issue. The second was when I moved up to the Forrest blade as I went with the 1/8” kerf blade and the stock blade is a 3/16” so the scales need adjusted.

Safety and Dust collection a part of the mix. The blade guard has a splitter and paws to curb any possible kickback and is attached both through the throat place and on the rear of the saw allowing for very easy alignment to the blade. Removing it for Dado and non through cuts is a breeze with the turn of a hand. A 4” dust collection port is at the rear of the unit and works quite efficiently.

My upgrades that I have made or plan to make are a larger rip capacity, moving it up to a 50” fence rail system. I like to do a lot of built-ins and would like to make those large, repeated cuts on the table saw. And as with all table saws the miter gauge is accurate but but could use a bit more to it. With adjustable stops at 90, 45, and 33 it’s nice but always feels like something is missing or off.

I would recommend this to anyone wanting something a bit more substantial than a contractors saw but either doesn’t have the room, budget, or the power requirements for the larger 220v systems.

-- Such a Beautiful Place When You See It From Space

Nice review.

View Bill's profile

Bill

#2 posted 01-25-2008 06:41 PM

It sounds like your found yourself a good tablesaw. A nice review and good information.

-- Bill, Turlock California, http://www.brookswoodworks.com

View scrollwolf's profile

scrollwolf

#3 posted 04-28-2008 12:38 AM

I too have this saw. I have had it for about two months and I have no complaints. My shop vac makes more noise than the saw does. After assembly, my first test of the saw was to set the blade angle to 22.5 deg. and made an 8-sided box that fit together perfectly. Great saw!

-- "If it ain't broke, don't fix it; give it to me!"

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19479 posts in 2517 days

#4 posted 04-28-2008 02:19 AM

Very handy looking machine.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

#5 posted 05-09-2008 08:51 PM

This is a nice review. Thanks for the post.

View MedicKen's profile

MedicKen

#6 posted 12-22-2008 09:40 PM

I too own this saw and have had it for about 3 yrs. I as well as others who have reviewed ot like it. I know what you are saying about the 25” cut capacity being a hinderance. What I did was to contact Sears parts dept and order another right sided rail assembly and made an extension table with legs. I now have almost 6 feet to the right of the blade! I must also add that the rail assembly was much cheaper than a new fence and rails. I will never need that much capacity and I will at some point cut the rails down to about 4 feet. To the left of the table I added a Bench Dog cast iron router table that fit perfectly. The only complaint that I have is it is a little under-powered when cutting thick stock. I just slowed the feed rate and it works great. I have also converted it over to 220V and added a longer cord.

-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their therapist....medic20447@gmail.com

View Dan'um Style's profile

Dan'um Style

#7 posted 05-17-2009 12:23 AM

bought one of these last weekend and spent the evenings this week assembling it. so far so good. it is very heavy.
will post a review that compares this to my old dewalt.

-- keeping myself entertained ... Humor and fun lubricate the brain

#8 posted 05-17-2009 03:28 AM

good reveiw

View sIKE's profile

sIKE

#9 posted 05-17-2009 03:59 AM

Thanks for a great reivew!

-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"

View JNeel's profile

JNeel

#10 posted 07-24-2009 04:44 AM

Nice review! I have one of these too and agree with everything you say. I currently have an issue with mine though. I have had it setup since February and just noticed some unevenness in the table: it’s about 0.004” high right in front of the throat and 0.003” high on the right side of the throat. Sears says that they are going to replace it so I’m going to try to get the next model up but if not, this is a really good saw! Sears’ customer service has been TERRIBLE though, it’s taken about 6 weeks to get to this point and I still don’t have a saw I feel comfortable using.

-- J. Neel, Texas - God Bless!

View slimt's profile

slimt

#11 posted 05-24-2010 03:11 AM

Good review , I also own one waiting for sears to call to renew the warranty. Was abig upgrade from my last saw.

View Revrand1's profile

Revrand1

#12 posted 07-22-2011 06:50 PM

Hello All,

I just bought this saw as well..I have recently assembled the saw but I have had some issues getting the cast iron extension wings to line up flush with the main table. They are not warped…I just dont think I am adjusting the bolts/tension screw correctly.

Can anyone harken back from when they set up their saw and offer some advice on how to get the extension wings flush..I am anxious to start making dust! :o)

Thanks,