LOCKTITE Power Grab adhesive, great stuff!

Review by TopamaxSurvivor posted 1808 days ago 3108 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
LOCKTITE Power Grab adhesive, great stuff! LOCKTITE Power Grab adhesive, great stuff! No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I used Locktite Power Grab to install some cleats to support some shelves in our 5th wheel. The surfaces were fairly slick, so I roughed them up a bit with 50 grit sandpaper. I tried this adhesive because the cabinets are fairly deep and narrow, It would be quite difficult to reach in to position,, hold and attach the cleats with screws. I intended to get the cleats placed and use screws later. The product holds so well, I cannot break it loose after a day and a half. The only failure was on a long piece of thin wobbly paneling. I doubted if it would hold very well when I placed the cleat on it because it was not stiff enough to take the pressure of installation very well. It did hold well enough to keep the cleat in place until I got that one attached with screws. I need to find a place to see if I can hang a hammer form the ceiling :-))

109181 posts in 2075 days

I want to see the hammer photo

TopamaxSurvivor

I’ll have to put something up to stick it too. I don’t think sheetrock would be a fair test because the paper and paint would give. I’ve been afraid I couldn’t get my hammer back. Maybe I’ll try it tomorrow ;-))

View Julian's profile

Julian

880 posts in 2023 days

Well I guess somebody has to like this stuff, since it’s still on the market. I’ll take subflore glue (construction adhesive) anyday of the week over this stuff.

-- Julian, Park Forest, IL

My experiences with that adhesive are alll good, but you need to know which PowerGrab to use. It isn’t just one product. Read the label for a guide.

d

-- Will trade wife's yarn for tools.

View Don K.'s profile

Don K.

I agree with Topamax and donbee, I have used it in several small jobs in my remodel business and it has always worked great, but make sure you read the labels on the tubes and match it for what you are using it for.

-- Don S.E. OK

View Vagabondking's profile

Vagabondking

I had a hard time getting the outdoor stuff to hold numbers on the mailbox. For me it’s not so hot.
John

TopamaxSurvivor

I have to agree with reading the instructions. We took the 5th wheel out to the Tree Farm this weekend. Rough gravel roads with washboards, potholes and ruts couldn’t break anything loose.

View Jim Crockett (USN Retired)'s profile

Jim Crockett (USN Retired)

I’ve used PowerGrab for several years and I’ve never had a failure. I’ve glued wood to concrete block walls, wood to wood, wood to rock, magnets to everything. I have some wooden slats with hooks that I glued to my painted basement workshop walls over 2 years ago – still holding strong! I always have a tube or two of this around.

Jim

-- A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including his/her life".

View poppatom's profile

poppatom

Amen on the Power Grab! That stuff is neater than socks on a rooster, don’t leave home without it.

-- Tom L. Williams ~ The difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys.