Accurate and Dependable

Review by Kelly posted 02-09-2016 11:31 PM 2869 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Accurate and Dependable No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have a large Bosch digital finder and liked it so much I thought I’d try this smaller version for projects that did not require the various capabilities of the larger unit. After doing so, I decided I need a few of them around for the shop and the work van.

These work well for setting and checking angles when doing blade set ups on miter saws, table saws and band saws. They give a good read-out for inner and outer angles, such as when building picture frames.

They are easy to check for accuracy by setting them at 90, placing them on a straight edge, drawing a line, flipping it over, drawing a second line over the first, then checking for variances. I found the accuracy of mine to be reliable for producing tight miter cuts and so forth.

View Kelly's profile

1939 posts in 2874 days

View Julian's profile

#1 posted 02-10-2016 03:39 PM

I have the same one. I have used it to make segmented pieces for turning and I found mine to be very accurate.

-- Julian

View Woodknack's profile

#2 posted 02-12-2016 06:04 PM

Nice, think I’ll pick one up. I have an igaging caliper that I like.

-- Rick M,

View cmmyakman's profile

#3 posted 02-12-2016 06:55 PM

Very interesting – thank you.

-- You can't fail if you don't give up.

View bobasaurus's profile

#4 posted 02-13-2016 12:34 AM

I have one and it works pretty well. There is some kind of washer between the blades/rulers that makes for about a 1/16” gap. This is a bit annoying when trying to seat it on thin edges, like measuring plane blade bevel angles. But the angles are repeatable and accurate.

-- Allen, Colorado (Instagram @bobasaurus_woodworking)

View frank2016's profile

#5 posted 02-13-2016 10:38 AM

It is really a great recommendation. Recently, I just plan to buy a new one. And this seems great. I will have a try.

-- Frank Green,

View WayneC's profile

#6 posted 06-13-2017 02:08 PM

I was wondering how much they cost and thought others might as well. Here is the link on amazon.

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

#7 posted 06-13-2017 03:09 PM

I gauging makes some great stuff. I like their Snapcheck for jointer setup, and their digital calipers for everyday measuring.

View helluvawreck's profile

#8 posted 06-13-2017 05:47 PM

This looks like it would be a nice addition to most people’s shops. Thanks for the review.

helluvawreck aka Charles