Quality saw, worth the investment

Review by tmiller posted 1944 days ago 2003 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Quality saw, worth the investment No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have only had this saw for a few weeks but I have put it to pretty heavy use in that time building a couple Adirondack chairs and a few jigs. I am very glad I own this saw. It is worlds apart from most introductory jig saws (Black&Decker, Skill, Craftsman, Chicago…) I am not trying to be snooty but I have owned these and I am glad I upgraded. From where I stand here are the saws pros and cons.

PROS:
-Quick-Change blade clamp allows fast blade changes – no tools required. Once you understand how this system works it is simple and fast. There is no way a blade is going to slip out on this saw.
-Quick-Tilt base can be adjusted with built-in wrench. This makes getting the blade at a 90 degrees a cinch. It also has a blade guide that surrounds the blade on 3 sides (not just a wheel).
-Good variable speed trigger and the saw feels natural in your hand.
-Bigger base. Just makes it that much easier to run the saw.
-Powerful. Cuts through 2×4 type material with ease.
-Really clean cuts. This might just be a blade thing but there is virtually no tear out on the top or bottom of the material.

CONS:
-Heavier. Might be just that my others were light and less powerful.
-Saws dust tends to be thrown in to your face. Although down cutting blades takes care of this problem. Bosch t-shank #T101BR
-Little pricey but you get what you pay for.

I would definitely recommend this to a friend. For the type of woodworking I do it is just nice knowing I am not going to have to fuss with a difficult poor cutting jig saw.

-- tmwsigns.com

View tmiller's profile

tmiller

103 posts in 1946 days

View spanky46's profile

spanky46

977 posts in 2023 days

#1 posted 1944 days ago

Been looking! Thanks for the review.

-- spanky46 -- Never enough clamps...Never enough tools...Never enough time.

#2 posted 1944 days ago

Thanks for the review. I completely agree with your statement that, with tools, you get what you pay for. This looks like a good saw.

View MedicKen's profile

MedicKen

1599 posts in 2095 days

#3 posted 1943 days ago

After looking at it closely, it is a very close if not a copy to the Bosch saw I bought a few months ago. I agree the quick change is an awesome feature and it does have a lot more power than it lower priced “competitors”

-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their therapist....medic20447@gmail.com

112015 posts in 2210 days

#4 posted 1943 days ago

Good review I’m a fan of my Bosch ,Its Farly heave and has a blower to help some with the dust. I’m sure this is a great saw, I’ve been happy with every PC product I’ve ever bought.

View Don K.'s profile

Don K.

1075 posts in 1959 days

#5 posted 1943 days ago

Agree with MedicKen, looks ALLOT like the Bosch I have. If it preforms as good as my Bosch does, you got a great Jig Saw. Congrats on the upgrade.

I also agree with the B&D upgrade. My first J/S was a little B&D….NO comparison between the two. Great power, easy to control, adjustable blade etc.

-- Don S.E. OK

View RedShirt013's profile

RedShirt013

#6 posted 1942 days ago

The shape looks my Bosch also but it doesn’t have that blade eject lever, so it must be some other way. Also I don’t see the blower switch. This PC sounds very nice however.

-- Ed

View PurpLev's profile

PurpLev

#7 posted 1942 days ago

like others have stated, the first thing that struck me was it’s resemblence of the Bosch to a certain degree.

PC makes some good stuff (some iffys, but other’s are real good) – I have their circular saw which is an exceptional saw, and packs some features that sets it far ahead of the pack. glad to hear their Jigsaw is up to par.

-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.