I Just Can't Say Enough Bad About This Sander

Review by Kelly posted 02-09-2016 07:37 PM 1537 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
 I Just Can't Say Enough Bad About This Sander No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Let me make it clear up front, I am a huge fan of Bosch tools and own several, including a sliding miter, a job site table saw with a gravity base, hammer drills, a saber saw and a trim router. I am pleased with all of them and made that clear in my reviews I have written about Bosch equipment. But, then there is this little tool.

Of course, for a sander to work, you, first, have to mount sandpaper on it. This tool allows that. You just shouldn’t turn the sander on and expect it to hold the sandpaper. That breaks the deal on this sander, unless you want to cut the cord off (to get it out of the way) and use the sander as a paper weight.

In addition to drum sanders, stationary and portable belt sanders, I have about five pad sanders. My “collection” includes about five sanders (Dewalt, Porter Cable, Bosch and Makita). As you might guess from that, I use finish sanders a lot. Because of that, I quickly learn if a given sander is worth having around. Subsequently, I learned the Bosch sander is a waste of space, or an expensive paper weight.

I bought this on sale. It didn’t hold paper then, so I returned it. The new or repaired one held paper better, but only for a short while. Now it’s back paperweight status, or maybe I’ll think of someone I don’t like and give it to them.

The problem appears to be with the single, push lever, which seems unable to exert sufficient force to hold the paper under the extreme vibration produced by this [or any] sander.

View WoodNSawdust's profile

WoodNSawdust

#1 posted 02-09-2016 07:50 PM

Thanks for the review I will avoid this sander.

-- "I love it when a plan comes together" John "Hannibal" Smith

View KayBee's profile

KayBee

#2 posted 02-10-2016 03:35 AM

So, why five stars if it stinks?

-- Karen - a little bit of stupid goes a long way

#3 posted 02-10-2016 04:44 AM

Probably because I didn’t click the right buttons?

View KayBee's profile

KayBee

#4 posted 02-10-2016 05:16 AM

Lol I’ve never done anything like that ; ) Actually, I had this sander and got rid of it pretty fast too.

-- Karen - a little bit of stupid goes a long way

#5 posted 02-10-2016 05:20 AM

and now that the evidence is gone…....