Horton Brasses = reputable service

Review by Don Newton posted 04-17-2009 10:25 PM 1848 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Horton Brasses = reputable service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Lumberjocks,

Quite often our reviews are for hand tools or machines, and rightly so, but the crowning touch to many furniture building projects is hardware. I am a hobbyist who enjoys building period furniture. The hardware available at Horton Brasses is second to none, whether it is a pair of hinges or a set of Chippendale style pulls for a highboy, and their customer service department is the model that all company’s should aspire to. As a consumer with choices, who’s money spends anywhere, Horton Brasses is on my “go to” list of suppliers. This is not a paid endorsement, only a review by a satisfied customer.

Don Newton

-- Don, Pittsburgh

View Don Newton's profile

Don Newton

View Jim's profile

Jim

#1 posted 04-18-2009 12:11 AM

Thanks for the review. We should have a Hardware category for the reasons you mentioned. Good to hear about this co. and your experience with them.

-- Jim, www.greenteawoodworking.com

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

View ChicoWoodnut's profile

ChicoWoodnut

#3 posted 04-18-2009 03:46 AM

I have used them too. They have very high quality products. I think the catalogue they mailed me probably cost more to produce than the hinges I bought LOL.

-- Scott - Chico California http://chicowoodnut.home.comcast.net

View sharad's profile

sharad

#4 posted 04-18-2009 07:20 AM

Thanks for this information. It is vital in your pursuit of this wonderful hobby.
Sharad

-- “If someone feels that they had never made a mistake in their life, then it means they have never tried a new thing in their life”.-Albert Einstein

View RBWoodworker's profile

RBWoodworker

418 posts in 2097 days

#5 posted 04-18-2009 05:52 PM

Horton brasses are great.. I have referred to them more than once..I also use a company called “Ball and Ball” they are like Horton..I go back and forth between them in case i don’t see quite what I’m looking for

-- Randall Child http://www.racfurniture.com/

View GMoney's profile

GMoney

#6 posted 04-18-2009 06:36 PM

Horton brasses are the best! Small family owned business with a focus on quality and customer service. Good prices for great hardware. I use them all the time.

-- Greg, CT

View noknot's profile

noknot

#7 posted 04-19-2009 03:58 AM

I will have to take a look at them Thanks

-- GO DAWGS!

#8 posted 04-19-2009 10:58 PM

Great information although at first I thought you were the owner of the company ! lol…thank you : )

View bkhop's profile

bkhop

#9 posted 04-20-2009 02:26 AM

Chalk me up in the “satisfied customer” list. Excellent product, excellent service, American company.

-- † Hops †

View happy_budah's profile

happy_budah

#10 posted 04-20-2009 05:35 AM

never heard of them, but ill be there as soon as i can type it in….......... i have been using lee valley and am very satisfied!

-- the journy of a thousand miles begins with a single step " Lou-Tzu"

View MedicKen's profile

MedicKen

#11 posted 04-20-2009 10:19 PM

I have used them as well. My latest project, the spice box, is endowed with hardware from Horton. I was very happy with the quality as well as the timely shipping. Definately first class!!

-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their therapist....medic20447@gmail.com