Horton Brasses = reputable service

Review by Don Newton posted 04-17-2009 10:25 PM 2003 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Horton Brasses = reputable service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Quite often our reviews are for hand tools or machines, and rightly so, but the crowning touch to many furniture building projects is hardware. I am a hobbyist who enjoys building period furniture. The hardware available at Horton Brasses is second to none, whether it is a pair of hinges or a set of Chippendale style pulls for a highboy, and their customer service department is the model that all company’s should aspire to. As a consumer with choices, who’s money spends anywhere, Horton Brasses is on my “go to” list of suppliers. This is not a paid endorsement, only a review by a satisfied customer.

Don Newton

-- Don, Pittsburgh

View Don Newton's profile

Don Newton

View Jim's profile

#1 posted 04-18-2009 12:11 AM

Thanks for the review. We should have a Hardware category for the reasons you mentioned. Good to hear about this co. and your experience with them.

-- Jim,

View matt garcia's profile

matt garcia

#2 posted 04-18-2009 02:54 AM

I love them!!

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

View ChicoWoodnut's profile

#3 posted 04-18-2009 03:46 AM

I have used them too. They have very high quality products. I think the catalogue they mailed me probably cost more to produce than the hinges I bought LOL.

-- Scott - Chico California

View sharad's profile

#4 posted 04-18-2009 07:20 AM

Thanks for this information. It is vital in your pursuit of this wonderful hobby.

-- “If someone feels that they had never made a mistake in their life, then it means they have never tried a new thing in their life”.-Albert Einstein

View RBWoodworker's profile

#5 posted 04-18-2009 05:52 PM

Horton brasses are great.. I have referred to them more than once..I also use a company called “Ball and Ball” they are like Horton..I go back and forth between them in case i don’t see quite what I’m looking for

-- Randall Child

View GMoney's profile

#6 posted 04-18-2009 06:36 PM

Horton brasses are the best! Small family owned business with a focus on quality and customer service. Good prices for great hardware. I use them all the time.

-- Greg, CT

View noknot's profile

#7 posted 04-19-2009 03:58 AM

I will have to take a look at them Thanks

#8 posted 04-19-2009 10:58 PM

Great information although at first I thought you were the owner of the company ! lol…thank you : )

View bkhop's profile

#9 posted 04-20-2009 02:26 AM

Chalk me up in the “satisfied customer” list. Excellent product, excellent service, American company.

-- † Hops †

View happy_budah's profile

#10 posted 04-20-2009 05:35 AM

never heard of them, but ill be there as soon as i can type it in….......... i have been using lee valley and am very satisfied!

-- the journy of a thousand miles begins with a single step " Lou-Tzu"

View MedicKen's profile

#11 posted 04-20-2009 10:19 PM

I have used them as well. My latest project, the spice box, is endowed with hardware from Horton. I was very happy with the quality as well as the timely shipping. Definately first class!!

-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their