PORTER-CABLE ROUTER BITS

Review by Dusty56 posted 04-08-2009 11:57 PM 4977 views 0 times favorited 17 comments Add to Favorites Watch
PORTER-CABLE ROUTER BITS PORTER-CABLE ROUTER BITS PORTER-CABLE ROUTER BITS Click the pictures to enlarge them

HELLO , I’m not sure if this is posted in the correct place , so bear with me , Site Police . LOL…I ALSO POSTED IT IN THE forums section , but was unable to post any pix there. It’s too bad that there isn’t anywhere here specifically to post items that we find on sale to help out our jockbuddies. (that I know of )

I went to the W.Springfield MA Woodcraft store today for a bandsaw blade and was introduced to a very nice display of P-C router bits at clearance prices.

I got everything from an eigth inch spiral upcut bit for $4.99 (PC#43820PC)to a stackable slot cutter (PC#43392PC) for $19.99 , PC#43932PC 2” Solid Surface roundover 1/2”shank $19.99 ,1/4”straight cut bit $4.99 , 7/16” SCBit $4.99 ,3/8”SCB w1/2” shank $9.99 , 5/32” Classical Ogee Bit w1/2”shank $9.99 , a 15degree solid surface topmount bowl cutout bit w 1/2” shank for$14.99 , and also a 22 degree bevel laminate trimmer wBearing w1/2” shank for $9.99 . That was only an example…they had a lot more to choose from and even more to unpack yet . I told them I would check in again tomorrow : )
I hope this helps some of you out there : ) I am giving them 5 stars due to my previous experiences with the P-C branded bits.

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

#1 posted 04-09-2009 02:02 AM

Hi Dusty;

Were you wearing a gun at the time?

Seems like you robbed them.

Great find.

Lee

View matt garcia's profile

matt garcia

#2 posted 04-09-2009 04:02 AM

SWEET!! I guess we all know what out stocking stuffers are gonna be!!!

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

View Don Newton's profile

Don Newton

#3 posted 04-09-2009 04:42 AM

I was at a Woodcraft store in Virginia and they had the CMT router bits at half price. They were clearing them out to focus on the Whiteside bits.

-- Don, Pittsburgh

#4 posted 04-09-2009 05:55 AM

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen : )

View HeirloomWoodworking's profile

HeirloomWoodworking

#5 posted 04-10-2009 01:05 AM

Let me be the first to humbly volunteer my services to act as Dusty’s official router bit tester.

Forward them to my shop and I will let you know how they work.

Great find my friend!

Trev

-- Trevor Premer Head Termite and Servant to the Queen - Heirloom Woodworking

#6 posted 04-10-2009 01:13 AM

I went back there today and picked up a few more profiles , one of which is a 3/4” dovetail bit with 1/2” shank….....$4.99 !!! Sweet deals : )

View sIKE's profile

sIKE

#7 posted 04-10-2009 01:17 AM

I was in Austin Woodcraft store today, and when I asked about PC router bits I got blank stares. The guys there are awesome, but I guess the TX stores are not carrying them yet.

-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"

View Emeralds's profile

Emeralds

#8 posted 04-12-2009 02:32 AM

Thanks for the tip Dusty. Although these “house cleaning” sales are not advertised by WoodCraft in my area, the clearance is nationwide (if the store has any PC bits left they are supposedly blowing them out). I was able to ad a number of odds and ends I would never have thought to buy today and here the majority of the bits are selling for 4.99 with a few higher end units that normally sell for 39+ at 14.99. Great bargains and I thank you for the heads up.

:)oe

-- JMP

View cabinetmaster's profile

cabinetmaster

#9 posted 04-12-2009 03:14 AM

WOW….............. I wish I had a Woodcraft store close to me. I’d stock up at that price too.

-- Jerry--A man can never have enough tools or clamps

View Chris's profile

Chris

#10 posted 04-27-2009 03:50 AM

I wish I had a woodcraft store nearby ….. and that I had noticed that Dusty posted this 2 weeks ago!

-- Chris

View jerryz's profile

jerryz

164 posts in 2025 days

#11 posted 06-14-2009 08:08 PM

Went to my local Woodcraft store and they had a blowout sale on Freud Router Bits at 75% off.
I got myself a few ones I did not have at prices ranging from 4.99 to 8.99 each.
A great and sweet deal.
I always get good deals at this store. I bought a shop floor Leigh 24” dovetail jig with a 40% discount on the tag price. Didn’t have the box or the manual, but a call to Leigh Industries and they sent me a new manual free of charge.
A good reason to support the store and shop there.

View mhm's profile

mhm

2 posts in 2003 days

#12 posted 06-26-2009 05:22 AM

hello folks, I won a complete set of Porter Cable Bits in display case at our local hardware store valued at 1500.00 in a drawing this Fathers Day
anyone interested? located in NW Ohio

#13 posted 06-26-2009 05:29 AM

cool deal

View mhm's profile

mhm

2 posts in 2003 days

#14 posted 06-26-2009 05:32 AM

unfortunatley I am not a woodworker! So I am going to sell it..

View ZeroThreeQuarter's profile

ZeroThreeQuarter

#15 posted 08-09-2010 06:30 PM

—-

-- Your mind, much like a parachute, works best when open.