removed

Review by Desert_Woodworker posted 01-25-2016 01:25 AM 3143 views 5 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
removed No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

removed

-- Desert_Woodworker

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

View firecaster's profile

firecaster

#1 posted 01-25-2016 02:43 AM

I love mine for certain things. I especially love being able to store paint in the jars. Much quicker cleanup.

-- Father of two sons. Both Eagle Scouts.

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

#2 posted 01-26-2016 06:06 PM

Seems like an easy way to get into spraying… I might give it a try. I like the mason jar attachment.

-- Allen, Colorado (Instagram @bobasaurus_woodworking)

View dhazelton's profile

dhazelton

#3 posted 01-26-2016 08:39 PM

Okay, I look at that and think that it looks like one of those attatchments that were sold with old vacuum cleaners to spray moth fogger into bags that held your wool clothes. Then I watched the lady use the thing and she got a pretty good spray pattern and coverage down. Pretty neat.

View kajunkraft's profile

kajunkraft

#4 posted 01-27-2016 01:10 AM

Have used a critter for several years now applying stain to outdoor furniture made of western red cedar. It is great.

View jumbojack's profile

jumbojack

#5 posted 01-27-2016 01:58 AM

I have had one for several years. I love the stupid little thing. I usually shoot brushing lacquer. I have used it for thinned latex. Works like a charm. Clean up is simple. I bought a case of mason jars. One for the product one for whatever cleans it up. Unscrew the lacquer, screw on the lacquer thinner, give it four shakes and a five second spray, a quick wipe down and you’re done. About 1/4 the cost of rattle cans and does just as good.

-- Made in America, with American made tools....Shopsmith

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

#6 posted 01-27-2016 02:09 AM

Dehazelton: am I correct but I remember the Kirby vacumn cleaners did that BUT if you hooked it up wrong $$$. Since I posted this: I used it to spray a base stand with 2 coats of HD latex ( to get color pigment into the grain) , then 2 coats of water born Poly. I have used oil based products; same drill. I store my solvents in seperate Mason Jars as well as paints or other products that have a thick vicosity- but you gotta thin your base product-

-- Desert_Woodworker

View dhazelton's profile

dhazelton

#7 posted 01-27-2016 01:30 PM

I may get one to play around with. Progresso spaghetti sauce jars have the same threads as canning jars too, so technically you never need to ‘buy’ the jars. Only downside I see from the Amazon description is that it does a round pattern as opposed to a fan pattern.

View CooperDBM's profile

CooperDBM

#8 posted 01-27-2016 07:47 PM

I’ve had one for five years and like it for small jobs due to the quick clean up and jar storage. Longer jobs are too hard on my compressor so I have an Earlex for them.

The finish doesn’t go through the nozzle (so no needle). Only air is sprayed which sucks the finish from a syphon in front of the nozzle. No way to really control the pattern shape so it ends up being circular. There is some adjustment of the nozzle and top of the syphon to control atomization and width.

-- Dave, Ottawa, ON

View woodbutcherbynight's profile

woodbutcherbynight

#9 posted 01-31-2016 05:06 PM

Like others have posted I have had one for many years. Works excellent for the small jobs and the ease of use and cleanup with just a mason jar is fantastic. For a small shop it is a good addition. Bigger jobs though maybe not so much but I have done drawers as big as 20”x20” and had no issues.

-- Live to tell the stories, they sound better that way.