A great dado set..

Review by edwood1975 posted 01-15-2016 12:13 AM 2623 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A great dado set.. A great dado set.. No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Since I purchased my rigid tablesaw I have been really trying to advance my knowledge of exactly what a TS can do and I figured joinery techniques was a good a place as any..

In in the middle of the design phase of creating mitre saw station and I think the doors will be mortise and tennon joinery anyway I have been practicing with this set..

The Pros:
Really like the quality of the blades,chippers and spacers..

I like how easy it is for a beginner like me to align everything in the stack.

It makes a super dado and with the help of a ZCI avoids all tear out and gives a very flat dado .

It all comes in a heavy duty plastic carry case that sorts the blades from everything else

The Cons:
At $100 it’s kind of exspensive but you get what you pay for

The spacers are stamped with the thickness dimensions and there kinda hard to see ..

-- Ed

View edwood1975's profile

edwood1975

View smitty22's profile

smitty22

#1 posted 01-15-2016 02:26 AM

Yep, good tool. I have the same one and agree about the spacer markings, so I just wrote the numbers on with big black marksalot.

-- Smitty

View lab7654's profile

lab7654

266 posts in 1937 days

#2 posted 01-15-2016 01:11 PM

I have the 6” one myself, I find it does the job well for me and doesn’t bog out my R4512. I have used the 8” version and a couple other different Freud models at work and they are all great. One particular set we use (the higher end black model) is set up for 1/4” all the time and has run literally thousands of feet of maple for drawer bottom dados and still cuts clean without much effort.

-- Tristin King -- When in doubt, sand it.

#3 posted 01-17-2016 04:18 AM

It is a good set, glad to see you also use the ZCI

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View splintergroup's profile

splintergroup

#4 posted 01-02-2017 04:08 PM

I have the Freud “super dado” and agree that Freud seems to have the details down pat across their product line. I always hated dado sets that left “bat ears” from the outside blades being slightly larger diameter, the Freud’s seem to have that taken care of. Now if someone would make the summing easier. I hate how the shims drop into the arbor threads and get chewed up.

View Liam459's profile

Liam459

#5 posted 05-26-2017 07:48 AM

Kodi App is the most effective media gamer on apple iphone Kodi for iPad the setup of Kodi for iOS 10.The Kodi iphone app has the Universal plug.

View Joshua202's profile

Joshua202

#6 posted 07-01-2017 05:05 AM

A TV program fanatic and need to watch all your livenettvapk.org/ French, Turkish as well as Arabic motion pictures.

#7 posted 07-01-2017 05:21 AM

I have a similar set, and was happy with it for plywood dados and grooves. The only limitation I found is the 2 tooth chippers would cause chipout in hardwood joinery. Especially when milling the shoulders of tenons, I would get some chipout.

I ended up getting an infinity dadonator and it works better for hardwood joinery. It has a more neutral hook angle, so it cuts a little slower than the Freud (and costs more than twice as much). I still like the Freud too.