1st. Opinion of grizzly 4 jaw chuck H6267 vicmark (vm100 copy)

Review by bigJohninvegas posted 01-07-2016 08:07 PM 2775 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
1st. Opinion of grizzly 4 jaw chuck H6267 vicmark (vm100 copy) 1st. Opinion of grizzly 4 jaw chuck H6267 vicmark (vm100 copy) 1st. Opinion of grizzly 4 jaw chuck H6267 vicmark (vm100 copy) Click the pictures to enlarge them

So this is my early opinion of this grizzly chuck. Mine is the H6267 and has the 1 1/4”X 8tpi adapter included.
This chuck is sold under several different part numbers, based on what adapter you need.
I had read that it was a close enough copy to the vicmarc vm100, and that the vicmarc jaws would fit it.
This grizzly chuck is about half the cost of the vicmarc at $120.00.

I have used the chuck 4 or 5 times now with the dove tail jaws that came with it.
The chuck does feel a little clunky out of the box when tightening the jaws, but works fine, and turns true. Seems to operate a little smoother after a couple of projects.

So I bought the vicmarc 35mm pen jaws. At first try I could not make them work properly. The #2 jaw just would not seat into the #2 spot on the chuck. This evening I tried again, and discovered that keeping the jaws in order. I started with jaw #1 in the # 3 chuck location. All 4 jaws lined up perfectly. .
I had read that the tolerances on the grizzly chuck were not quite as good as the vicmarc,
But in the end I was able to make the vicmarc jaws work on the grizzly chuck.

View scott0317's profile

scott0317

#1 posted 01-08-2016 02:13 AM

Not trying to bust you up but wondering a couple of things. You mention it turns true and that it does what it is supposed to do. You also mentioned it comes in a package with different jaws. It seems your only complaint is that it doesn’t seem to fit with another vendor’s jaws. Not sure how that takes it from a 5 star to a 3. Again, just wondering, not trying to be a jerk.

-- I've almost got all the tools I need, almost.

#2 posted 01-08-2016 04:43 AM

Scott, I did just update my review.
I bought the chuck with one set of jaws. It was after I ordered it that I learned that the same chuck is
offered as a package deal with the extra jaws.
I wish I had bought that set.
I was also able to make the vicmarc jaws work after all.
And updated my review to 4 stars.
If the chuck is perfoming well in lets say 6 months, I will add star #5.
Thank you for your opinion, my 1st review was poorly written.

View scott0317's profile

scott0317

#3 posted 01-08-2016 04:50 AM

Hey John, I hope you know I didn’t reply to be a ball buster, just curious, and I should have made it better understood that I wondered if I was missing something. I am hoping to get a new chuck and your review intrigued me and got me thinking I would try it as well.

Based on your review, I think I will get the package deal. Safe turning and look forward to your update in a few months to see how the chuck holds up.

-- I've almost got all the tools I need, almost.

View OSU55's profile

OSU55

1665 posts in 1984 days

#4 posted 01-08-2016 12:33 PM

Curious why you bought Vicmark pen jaws instead of the Grizzly 1” pin jaws ?

#5 posted 01-08-2016 03:37 PM

Curious why you bought Vicmark pen jaws instead of the Grizzly 1” pin jaws ?

- OSU55

First off, the vicmarc set I bought is 2” long, and will hold a blank as small as a 1/4”. Not that I ever see clamping something that small I do like the 2” long jaw. It will support a longer blank without the tail stock.
I also wanted to see if they would work with the grizzly chuck.

I have had the opportunity to use several chuck brands, and I prefer vicmarc over all. I only bought the grizzly since I was told it was a good copy of the vicmarc.
Now that I know the vicmarc jaws fit the grizzly chuck, I think its reasonable to assume that the cheaper grizzly jaws will fit vicmarc. Going to give that a try on a friends vicmarc chuck on saturday.

Thanks for the questions and comments.