Freud P410 Fusion Full Kerf

Review by fivecodys posted 01-04-2016 09:50 PM 3378 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Freud P410 Fusion Full Kerf No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received this from my wife for Christmas. (Good wife huh?)
It was ordered from Amazon.com and came via OnTrac in great condition.
So far I am very pleased with the performance.
I have crosscut and ripped several feet of Maple & Birch and I have no complaints.
Very minimal burning when ripping. (It’s time to check my fence alignment too)
Cross cuts in my sled were very clean.
This is the best quality blade I have ever used. I should have bought one sooner.
I replaced an older Freud Combo blade that I have had resharpened a few times with the P410.
I do find this blade just a little bit louder than my old Freud but not enough to be bothersome.
I didn’t realize it at the time but I received a few tiny cuts while installing it in the saw.
I’m generally very careful when changing over blades so this surprised me a little.

If I have any problems with it in the future I will report back.

Happy New Year to you all!

-- There' are two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works.

View fivecodys's profile

fivecodys

View lj61673's profile

lj61673

#1 posted 01-04-2016 11:32 PM

Nice choice. I have one too. Crazy sharp, cuts like butter, and is very quiet.
That blade and the Infinity Super General are th two best combo blades on the market IMHO.

View WhoMe's profile

WhoMe

#2 posted 01-05-2016 12:00 AM

I’m glad to hear the fusions work so well. I have the thin kerf version and a glue line rip on order. Bought both with Christmas money. Looking forward to using both even more now.

-- I'm not clumsy.. It's just the floor hates me, the tables and chairs are bullies, the wall gets in the way AAANNNDDD table saws BITE my fingers!!!.. - Mike -

View SenecaWoodArt's profile

SenecaWoodArt

#3 posted 01-07-2016 12:40 AM

This is a fantastic blade. I use them almost exclusively. I am on my third one and have a spare still in the package for when that day comes. Now if I just had a local service to sharpen my old ones.

-- Bob

View knotscott's profile

knotscott

#4 posted 01-09-2016 01:28 PM

Nice choice. I have one too. Crazy sharp, cuts like butter, and is very quiet.

- lj61673

Gotta agree….the Fusion and the Super General cut as cleanly as any general purpose blade can. Enjoy your new blade “Chem”.

- bosum3919

Send your blades out to be sharpened. Scott Whiting in Glendale AZ, Dynamic Saw in Buffalo NY, Forrest or Ridge Carbide in NJ….all have excellent reputations.

View bearkatwood's profile

bearkatwood

#5 posted 01-10-2016 01:55 AM

They are very nice.

-- Brian Noel

View woodbutcherbynight's profile (online now)

woodbutcherbynight

#6 posted 02-12-2016 03:58 AM

Thanks for the review, was looking for a new blade after seeing mine is starting to show it wants retirement. LOL

-- Live to tell the stories, they sound better that way.