Im finnaly getting my tools together!

Review by MegaWood posted 12-31-2015 07:28 PM 3087 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Im finnaly getting my tools together! Im finnaly getting my tools together! Im finnaly getting my tools together! Click the pictures to enlarge them

Sometimes things come together like two peas in a pod! I was feeling bad at snapping at my employee last week, but the guy has been working for me for two months and still had no idea where anything is located in our shop. I would have to stop what I was doing to find a tool for him. Then to make it worse, the guy would put it back IN THE WRONG place and then I would have to ask him where it went lol. Enough is enough!
I have seen these “wood shop labels” at www.steellabels.com before but was on the fence. Once the price of these bad boys were $15 off the normal price I pulled the trigger with no regrets. The set came with a label for every tool you could imagine and even came with blanks for custom labels.
So I spent a nice Saturday morning cleaning up my shop and now it LOOKS NICE!

#1 posted 12-31-2015 08:28 PM

Somethings doesn’t smell right here.

View HerbC's profile

HerbC

#2 posted 12-31-2015 08:34 PM

CharlesA,

Are you saying that SPAM can go bad and start to stink???

Herb

-- Herb, Florida - Here's why I close most messages with "Be Careful!" http://lumberjocks.com/HerbC/blog/17090

#3 posted 12-31-2015 08:46 PM

exactly, Herb.

#4 posted 12-31-2015 09:21 PM

@ Charles I swear I’m a real person lol. Currently writing some reviews on my ridged tools. I have wrote many reviews for the products I love with no compensation. It is the only thing I can offer the community is my experience.

#5 posted 12-31-2015 09:32 PM

Okay, MegaWood. I’ll take your word at it.

It seemed odd that you joined the site with a profile that had now personalization, and then immediately posted a glowing review of an item using only stock photos.

I’m glad it worked for you.

#6 posted 12-31-2015 09:50 PM

Good point. Ill take photos of the before and after of my shop. I hope you have a good new year.

#7 posted 12-31-2015 09:52 PM

Some pics would be great.

Every once in a while we get someone marketing their stuff through a “review,” and this felt like that. Glad to know my sniffer was off.

View Greg the Cajun Wood Artist's profile

Greg the Cajun Wood Artist

#8 posted 01-01-2016 04:55 PM

I use a $20 label maker I bought at Office Depot about 10 years ago. It works great and allows me to organize and find stuff I would otherwise would consider lost. works perfect with the 8 plastic bins and their many configurations of drawers and pill outs.

-- Wood for projects is like a good Fart..."better when you cut it yourself"

View bearkatwood's profile

bearkatwood

#9 posted 01-04-2016 01:06 PM

CharlesA, you blood hound ;)

-- Brian Noel

View CyberDyneSystems's profile

CyberDyneSystems

251 posts in 2094 days

#10 posted 01-21-2016 06:19 PM

I use tape and a sharpie, but these do look nice!

-- Without the wood, it's just working