skil 10 in compound miter saw

Review by kosta posted 1938 days ago 6057 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
skil 10 in compound miter saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

this miter saw is a very nice saw and has a lot of features you would find on a bigger saw. The bevel adjustment is a handle you turn and the saw becomes loose to turn to the left it is only a single bevel saw but it does go 49’ in each direction for miters. It also has the most common angles for crwn molding marked so they are easy to find. I bought my saw for $100 so it not cheap but aint $1300 like the kapex is I take it on jobs with me all the time so this saw can take a beating. The other nice thing is that the blade changes are very easy easier than a table saw.

-- kosta Virginia Beach, VA http://www.kostasworkshop.blogspot.com/

View kosta's profile

kosta

946 posts in 1941 days

View Quiglag's profile

Quiglag

#1 posted 1938 days ago

I agree this is a great saw. The company I work for picked one up to cut some aluminum u channel that was going in between the wood paneling. Skil is part of Bosch Tools, and the saw is similar to the Bosch line of miter saws. It is a really good saw for around $100. You can find it at Lowes

-- Chris, Southern California, www.tool-rank.com

View Ben 's profile

Ben

157 posts in 1951 days

#2 posted 1937 days ago

I have had this saw for about 18 months. I got it when I was just getting into woodworking. I have really enjoyed it. Never had any problems whatsoever. I have since stopped purchasing “cheap” tools but I can not find any reason to replace this saw. Great Value.

View Millo's profile

Millo

Can you expect accuracy at this price? Thanks.

View kosta's profile

kosta

946 posts in 1941 days

Yea the accuracy is pretty good. But I would check the fence just to make sure that its lined up. When I got this saw the fence was dead on.

-- kosta Virginia Beach, VA http://www.kostasworkshop.blogspot.com/