Grizzly Customer Service Review

Review by mpo414 posted 12-22-2015 06:37 PM 6537 views 0 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly Customer Service Review Grizzly Customer Service Review Grizzly Customer Service Review Click the pictures to enlarge them

I wanted to post a quick review of my recent interactions with Grizzly customer service, not specifically a review on the G0505 12-1/2” Planer because I have not had a chance to use it yet but I thought this information may be helpful to anyone interested. I am giving Grizzly customer service 5 stars. My wife actually ordered me the G0505 planer as a Christmas gift almost two months ago and has been keeping it in hiding since then. Because she could not move it herself I got to see my gift early and help her bring it home. We did notice that the packaging was very heavily damaged and probably should have taken the unit out of the box 2 month ago when it arrived, however she did not. As I unpackaged it I began to notice all the damage to the unit (more than the pictures show). The rollers were broken off the feed ramp, the rollers on top were broken, the unit was dented and scratched and even the metal housing was severely cracked and broken, looking like the shipper had dropped it on its corner during shipment (maybe it was in one of the trucks that flipped over on I-80 during the snow storms in Wyoming). Anyways, we were worried because it was well past the 30 day return policy. We emailed Grizzly and within hours had a very nice email back saying that someone from the freight department would be contacting us within 24 hours to assist us and they would be happy to help make the situation right as we were a valued customer. Sure enough the next day we got a very apologetic email and a replacement planer was being shipped that day. They arranged pickup of the broken unit with UPS and answered all of our questions. Not to mention this is all happening 3 days before Christmas, I am sure the shipping department is quite busy. Overall I am very impressed at the quality and timely customer service that I received from Grizzly, not something I see very often these days, now lets hope the new planer arrives in good condition and is equally impressive, more to come on that…........

-- Matt, Wyoming

View fivecodys's profile

fivecodys

#2 posted 12-22-2015 09:46 PM

That’s good to hear.

-- The less an idiot knows, the louder he seems to know it!

View MadMark's profile

MadMark

#3 posted 12-22-2015 10:12 PM

I have the same planer and it too was damaged in shipping. Grizzly made it right no questions asked. This is one of the reasons I love the Grizz as a supplier. I’ve purchased a lot of gear from them and never had a problem they couldn’t resolve in one call.

One accessory you should add to your planer is a Wixey digital indicator, no more bending to read the sight line or guesstimating on the fly.

-- Madmark - Madmark2150@yahoo.com Wiretreefarm.com

View AandCstyle's profile

AandCstyle

#4 posted 12-22-2015 11:15 PM

MPO414 & Mark, when your business model requires that everything be shipped to your customers you had better make certain that shipping issues NEVER detract from your customer satisfaction. I have 3 Grizzly tools and shipping was an issue with one, and it was promptly resolved to my satisfaction.

-- Art

View Bobsboxes's profile

Bobsboxes

#5 posted 12-23-2015 05:06 AM

I have 4 Grizzly tools, my new 15” planer came out of the freight truck, layed over on its side. I noted the damage to the planer on the freight bill. I took several pictures, and sent an email off to grizzly. The same morning I got an email back and a phone call. You cannot ask for more than that.

-- Bob in Montana. Kindness is the Language the blind can see and deaf can hear. - Mark Twain

View playingwithmywood's profile

playingwithmywood

#6 posted 12-23-2015 06:49 AM

I have the same planer and it too was damaged in shipping. Grizzly made it right no questions asked. This is one of the reasons I love the Grizz as a supplier. I ve purchased a lot of gear from them and never had a problem they couldn t resolve in one call.

- MadMark

I have the dewalt 735 but the WIXEY gauge is great and worth every penny

View AlanJ44's profile

AlanJ44

#7 posted 12-23-2015 08:45 AM

OH and add me too! I love me some Grizzly. I’m up to five tools and have the sixth picked out.

And yes two of them needed replacement parts, One had a belt shield smashed in shipping and another a mis-machined part. Both issues resolved via phone and email with out question.

-- Alan J. Hoover, AL Keeping in mind I believe college football is only a profit center for the school.... Roll Tide!

View mpo414's profile

mpo414

#8 posted 12-23-2015 02:59 PM

This is all great news to hear! I should add that I also received 2 other pieces of Grizzly equipment for Christmas from my wife and those did show up without a scratch. I like hearing that others have had similar experiences with Grizzly’s quality customer service as I too have my next 15 pieces already picked out (wish list). And thank you for the tip on the WIXEY gauge, I will certainly look into that.

-- Matt, Wyoming

View MadMark's profile

MadMark

#9 posted 12-23-2015 05:40 PM

Between the Wixey readouts and the Incra fence & miter gauge you can work wood to metal cutting standards. If I need a slot for a .125” tab, I can set the saw to .130” and get an honest .005” clearance. And I can reset everything and come back to a setting exactly with no ‘smudging’ the fence a literal hair.

Setting & returning to a cutter height is a snap!

Incra fence locks to 1/32 +-.002 every time and has a tuning knob (partially visible at left) for .001” tweaks.

You gotta believe me when I tell you that these upgrades will take your woodworking to the next level.

-- Madmark - Madmark2150@yahoo.com Wiretreefarm.com

View Daniel Sheppard's profile

Daniel Sheppard

#10 posted 12-28-2015 08:09 AM

It’s pretty good to know a company actually cares about its customers. I’ve been meaning to buy a new power saw, and now you can easily guess who I’m going to order it from :D. I’s funny because my cousin recommended this company recently and now I get yet another good recommendation. Would definitely try Grizzly Industrial out.

View JerryinCreek's profile

JerryinCreek

#11 posted 12-28-2015 10:55 PM

I was a manager of a customer care center for many years (now retired). I have Grizzly equipment and have been very happy with it. I’m very happy to hear about the service you received. Today, every company SAYS they have the greatest customer service but I find that most don’t have a clue about what customer service even looks like! Yet, they all want you to fill out their damn survey! Nice that you gave Griz a shout out, these are the companies we should be giving our money to. Congrats on your new planer!

-- Jerry, Johnson Creek, WI "If it was meant to be different it would be."

#12 posted 12-29-2015 10:52 PM

Awesome they have treated me well in the past like you. I have to say they are trying to do things right!

View andrew_bentley's profile

andrew_bentley

#13 posted 01-21-2016 09:18 AM

Now this is an opinion I can trust. Unlike the reviews on all those flashy websites.