Home Depot HomeDepot BucketHead wet / Dry Vac

Review by Jagerheister posted 12-22-2015 03:44 AM 9137 views 0 times favorited 16 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Home Depot HomeDepot BucketHead wet / Dry Vac No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I heard about this bucket vac a few weeks ago. I needed something really portable, and didn’t want to make a huge investment. I purchased the vacuum at Homedepot for $21 plus a few more dollars for the bucket.

I gave it 5 stars because it works, and it’s cheeper than dirt.

My review is as follows:

If you like the video, please subscribe.

Let me know if you have any questions about it, and I’ll get back with you.

Thanks

View Jagerheister's profile

Jagerheister

View JoeinGa's profile

JoeinGa

#1 posted 12-22-2015 02:31 PM

Back when I worked at the big orange box, we’d always have these at Christmas time. Our store alone used to sell between 200 and 300. I’d use one in my dept for small, quick clean ups and they actually do work pretty darn well, considering how cheap they are.

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

View Greg the Cajun Wood Artist's profile

Greg the Cajun Wood Artist

#2 posted 12-22-2015 03:34 PM

I bought one of those when they first came out. I use it primarily at my workbench to keep the top clean. It’s still holding up. If I remember correctly I paid $18 for it and I already had several plastic buckets that it fit on.

-- Wood for projects is like a good Fart..."better when you cut it yourself"

View djang000's profile

djang000

#3 posted 12-22-2015 04:07 PM

I use one on my sailboat. Best 20$ spent

View builtinbkyn's profile

builtinbkyn

#4 posted 12-22-2015 04:37 PM

They are great and for the money. I use one to vacuum out the sump for my reef tank.

-- Bill, Yo!......in Brooklyn & Steel City :)

View CudaDude's profile

CudaDude

#5 posted 12-22-2015 06:45 PM

I saw these last week at HD and wondered if it would make a suitable DC for a small downdraft table. Might give it a try after reading this review and comments.

-- Gary

View XquietflyX's profile

XquietflyX

#6 posted 12-22-2015 07:23 PM

i love my buckethead for the money, 17.00 i think, can’t get anything better.

-- You can tell a lot about your wife by her hands, for example if they are around your throat she's prolly pissed off at you...

View EEngineer's profile

EEngineer

#7 posted 12-26-2015 02:50 PM

I like the Lowes version (BucketMax) of this much better.

Although they give you the same skinny hose, the inlet and outlet are the same 2 1/4” that my bigger shopvacs use and I use the hose and accessories from them.

The Lowes version is also capable of using the same filters as my larger vacs. Does the Home Depot version allow using regular filters or are you stuck using that lame bag and rubber band?

The clips for the bucket look a little sturdier than the ones on the Home Depot and there is a place to coil the cord on top when not in use.

They are within a $1 or so of each other, go to Lowes and get a better designed product!

-- "Find out what you cannot do and then go do it!"

#8 posted 12-28-2015 03:10 AM

Have to agree that the Lowe’s BucketMax is far superior and I own both.

View Daniel Sheppard's profile

Daniel Sheppard

#9 posted 12-28-2015 08:01 AM

This is quite the cheap product. The vacuum bucket I use is a pretty old one, so old the logo sticker is no longer readable. Maybe I’ll try this sometime soon. My old vacuum bucket needs to be replaced anyway.

#10 posted 12-29-2015 03:38 PM

Does anybody know if the bucketmax is powerful enough to use with a dust deputy?

#11 posted 12-29-2015 03:58 PM

Yes, I use my bucket max with my dust deputy wonderfully. I actually think Oneida recommended it in some of the potential arrangements I saw. I’m planning to move to the two Bucket Max and two dust deputies on a large barrel at some point.

#12 posted 12-29-2015 04:20 PM

Thx jkread. I think I’ll have to pick one up then. I bought the dust deputy a couple months ago and I have to say I’m impressed by how well it works. The shopvac I’m currently using with it is so big and bulky so I’ve been looking for something smaller that will handle the task.

#13 posted 12-29-2015 05:32 PM

This discussion prompted me to go ahead and get a couple more. However it seems like Lowes around where I’m at for the holidays and home do not have them in stock. I’m somewhat afraid they’ve stopped carrying them all together. If anyone has a source for them please let me know.

View EEngineer's profile

EEngineer

#14 posted 12-30-2015 10:26 AM

Sadly, I believe you are right! The Lowes in my area no longer carry them either! I just bought one within the last year for a friend. I will be damned if I recommend any more products for the big box stores! Things just come and go too quickly there!

-- "Find out what you cannot do and then go do it!"

#15 posted 12-30-2015 11:28 AM

Yep! Can’t find the bucket max here either. Looks like you can still order it online from walmart for almost double the price…

and someone on ebay is selling them at triple the price. Home depot still carries the bucket head in my area.I might just has to go with that one.