#1 go-to tool

Review by Dan posted 12-20-2015 05:56 PM 3474 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
#1 go-to tool No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

After two years these are still my most used hand tools. I even bought a second one so that one could be angled for getting into those pesky tight corners and other uses.

They are a bit spendy up front at 30/35 dollars but more than pay for themselves over time.

They must be made for Woodcraft because “Swiss Made” is stamped on them and nothing else.

Used with EZ-lap diamond stones they are easy to resharpen and hold edges very well.

-- Dan

View Dan's profile

Dan

715 posts in 1975 days

#1 posted 12-21-2015 04:31 AM

Woodcraft has pretty good tools for many purposes, glad to hear this was one of them

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View mpounders's profile

mpounders

#2 posted 12-23-2015 05:33 AM

What you have are Pfeil chisels. They are a well known maker of carving tools and I own quite a few. Woodcraft is the US distributor for them and they are excellent tools, the best of quality. They are stamped “swiss Made” and have the arrow marking also.

-- Mike P., Arkansas, http://mikepounders.weebly.com

View Daniel Sheppard's profile

Daniel Sheppard

#3 posted 12-28-2015 07:54 AM

I have some of Woodcraft’s products in my tool box and they work wonders every time. Great tools worth their price, that’s all I can say.

View WoodNSawdust's profile

WoodNSawdust

#4 posted 12-28-2015 08:20 AM

Thanks for the review. I have not tried Woodcraft chisels. I will keep them in mind when I expand / replace my chisels.

-- "I love it when a plan comes together" John "Hannibal" Smith