Lightweight lever ratchet clamp

Review by Tony posted 03-20-2009 08:39 PM 1834 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Lightweight lever ratchet clamp No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently purchased quite a few of these clamps – see my blog http://lumberjocks.com/topics/5240.

These clamps are available in 200 mm (8”) and 250mm (10”), with a 80mm (3”) jaw length.

I found the clamps to be more than adequate for light clamping. They are very easy to use especially on smaller items such as boxes, where a light touch may be needed with thinner materials are used, however they are equally at home clamping jigs to the table or machine.

These clamps are very light 310 grams, very strong and cast in magnesium alloy, very tough nylon soft grip jaw pads, very quick and reliable and very, very versatile probably the best lightweight clamp you can buy

I have started to reach for these rather than the larger single handed clamps, which were my favorite for holding things to the bench or drill press.

Well worth the money.

-- Tony - All things are possible, just some things are more difficult than others! - SKYPE: Heron2005 (http://www.poydatjatuolit.fi)

View Tony's profile

Tony

1 comment so far

View Tim Pursell's profile

Tim Pursell

#1 posted 03-20-2009 10:24 PM

I have had 4 of these clamps in my shop for about 2 years. Very light, very handy. Major problem is now 2 of them refuse to hold. Tighten them up & you can watch the bar slowly slip thur the slot in the clamp.
Not cool! I plan on taking one apart & see if I can rejunivate the serations and or the part that is supposed to grip the sarations on the bar.

-- http://www.etsy.com/shop/tpursell?ref=si_shop