The KRs baby sibling

Review by Tony posted 03-20-2009 08:21 PM 1553 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
The KRs baby sibling No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently purchased quite a few of these clamps – see my blog http://lumberjocks.com/topics/5240.

These clamps are a lower grade parallel clamp than the K or the KR versions from Bessey and are available in 300 mm (12”) and 600mm (24”), with a 80mm (3”) jaw length.

I found the clamps to be more than adequate for light clamping, but do not expect the same performance as the KR.

The clamping pads stay relatively square and parallel even when full torqued, there are NO non-mar pads, so the use of some timber scraps may be necessary, but I have not found so yet.

There are no given torque figures for the clamping pressure available, but for light work they provide more than enough force. The only drawback I found, was that the action of the clamp is not as smooth as the KR, but is still easy to use. As thes clamps are about 1/3 of the price of the KR you get what you pay for, but still a valuable clamp in the collection.

-- Tony - All things are possible, just some things are more difficult than others! - SKYPE: Heron2005 (http://www.poydatjatuolit.fi)

View Tony's profile

Tony

1 comment so far

View Justus's profile

Justus

#1 posted 03-21-2009 11:38 PM

Tony, I perfectly agree with you. As these are the only parallel clamps available at a reasonable price around my home town, I have no others to compare with, but have noted myself that they don’t slide that smoothly. Still love them though. Once you have started with parallel clamps you wonder why there are still other models on the market (it may be the price ?)

Cheers, Justus