New Parallel clamps from Bessey

Review by Tony posted 1949 days ago 2846 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
New Parallel clamps from Bessey No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently purchased quite a few of these clamps – see my blog http://lumberjocks.com/topics/5240.

These clamps are the next progression of the old K.Body clamp from Bessey and are available in 8 sizes from 300 mm (12”) to 2500mm (98”).

I found the clamps to have a professional feel of German engineering, which gave you confidence when you used them.

The clamping pads stay perfectly square and parallel even when full torqued, the non mar pads are very effective on semi hard wood like Birch & Alder, but with Pine & Fir you can leave marks on the surface, which is hardly surprising considering the torque you can inflict (7000N) – The only drawback I found is I would have liked the handles to have a little more grip, especially with my weakened hands, but I still managed to inflict more than enough torque.

Another nice feature is that they can easily be reversed so they act as a spreader.

My purchase was a major investment, but these clamps will last me a lifetime. I am so happy with this product, that I am committed to buy some more 600, 800 & 1200 mm KR clamps this year.

-- Tony - All things are possible, just some things are more difficult than others! - SKYPE: Heron2005 (http://www.poydatjatuolit.fi)

View Tony's profile

Tony

View DaleM's profile

DaleM

897 posts in 1979 days

#1 posted 1949 days ago

I’m glad you posted this, because I bought some of these too and didn’t know they could be used as a spreader until I read your review. Thanks. I agree that they are some very solid clamps.

-- Dale Manning, Carthage, NY

View blackcherry's profile

blackcherry

#2 posted 1949 days ago

I recently purchase some and am quite please with the over all clamping pressure and ease of set up, and if any one interested in the best package buy by far Amazon blow everyone out… and thanks for the review Tony enjoy…Blkcherry

View Greg The Cajun Box Sculptor's profile

Greg The Cajun Box Sculptor

4927 posts in 1903 days

#3 posted 1903 days ago

The Bessey clamps are definitely great clamps! I have 6 of them and am very happy with them. I also purchased some of the Jet K body clamps at a tool store about 30 miles from my house. They are heavier than the Bessey clamps and have a big padded handle…bigger than my bessey’s. I agree, the bigger handles are an advantage on the Jet clamps but the Bessey clamps are not as heavy but have oustannding quality.

I just ordered 2 of the 60” clamps from Amazon. Whwnever you think you have e”nough clamps” a project comes along that shoots that theory out of the water.

-- Every step of each project is considered my masterpiece because I want the finished product to reflect the quality of my work.

#4 posted 1902 days ago

Thanks for the review, Tony. I have always liked Bessey clamps and need to buy some more (but who doesn’t). These definately look like winners to me.

View Tony's profile

Tony

#5 posted 1902 days ago

Greg

Do you have the older K Body or the New Revo KR clamps from Bessey?

111999 posts in 2172 days

#6 posted 1902 days ago

I bought a couple dozen more of the old style bessey k bodies when woodcraft had them for $80 for four 50”clearance sale. they claimed it was below cost.That’s less than Irwin heavy duties at $32 Ea. The new ones look great and I’m sure they will last a long time.