Gorilla Gripper "Contractor" model

Review by Holbs posted 11-29-2015 12:41 AM 3497 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Gorilla Gripper "Contractor" model No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I forget where I picked this up but wow… I should of used it much earlier than remembering only today it was somewhere in my black hole pile of goodies. This product EASILY makes lifting and moving 4’x8’ sheet goods a breeze. There are 3 versions:
Gorilla Gripper ‘GP’ .. 0 to 3/4” (0 to 21mm)
Gorilla Gripper ‘Contractor’ .. 3/8” to 1-1/8” (9 to 29mm)
Gorilla ‘Door’ Gripper .. 1-1/4” to 2” (31 to 52mm)
If you use sheet goods, this is a must have. I picked up 3 4’x8’ 3/4 plywood, 3/4” 4’x8’ MDF, 1/2” 4’x8’ MDF this Saturday and it was no hassle what so ever moving these sheets from my pickup into the garage. I actually should of brought it with me to HD to put on those lumber carts easily. I have not tried this “Contractor” model on any sized drywall (there are concerns this model does not work too great on 1/2” drywall) only wood and MDF sheets.
Gorilla Gripper Page
Amazon link if you are Prime Member or like to order from Amazon.
Gorilla Clamp in action, sort of :)

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

1922 posts in 2115 days

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

#1 posted 11-29-2015 03:37 AM

I could use one of these when moving sheet goods, thanks for the review.

-- Allen, Colorado (Instagram @bobasaurus_woodworking)

View tblank's profile

tblank

#2 posted 11-29-2015 08:57 PM

These tools are great. I’ve had one for a few years now and it has saved my aching back. It allows you to easily carry sheets through doorways without banging up the jambs or walls. It is good for sore wrists, hands and arms. The only thing is, I carry one sheet at time only. If I’m outdoors and unloading I’ll grab two or three sheets to expedite without the use of the grip. A must have for me. Well made also.

View woodbutcherbynight's profile

woodbutcherbynight

#3 posted 11-29-2015 11:56 PM

I have seen these but never tried one. Have to make a trip to HD and get one and try it out inside the store. LOL. Thanks for the review!

-- Live to tell the stories, they sound better that way.

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

#4 posted 11-30-2015 04:37 PM

My experience with this product is- Very well made product. Why I would not recommend this product; 70 pounds is still 70 lbs, therefore you need arm strength to lift it. If I could have tried it out I would not have purchased it. Below is a project that I posted.
One Person Vertical Plywood Storage Rack
06-09-2015 07:22 PM by Desert_Woodworker
This system works great for me…

-- Desert_Woodworker