Grizzly G0771 Table Saw

Review by EMWW posted 11-26-2015 02:02 AM 6645 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly G0771 Table Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Overall I am happy with this saw. I will start with the good aspects of it. It has a decent fence and is fairly accurate once set up properly. The motor is powerful enough to do repeated 2 inch thick cuts in white oak. The blade raises and tilts very well. The saw is built heavy enough to make it run smoothly. And it can be set up 120 or 240. Now onto the cons, The dust collection is horrible. Even with the saw hooked strait up to the dust collector the majority of the dust stays in the cabinet or gets spewed out the top. The arbor shaft has about 10 to 12 thousandths run out on it so do not expect perfect cuts. The miter gauge that comes with the saw could use some improvement. Overall it is a good saw and I would recommend it to a friend.

Here is a link to my first impressions of the saw. I will do a more detailed video around Christmas when I have got to run a few thousand feet through the saw.

View TheFridge's profile

TheFridge

#1 posted 11-26-2015 02:06 AM

Check out Matthias wandels solution to true up the arbor flange on woodgears.ca

.010-.012 is about 4 times what I’d call acceptable. If you’re fine with it that’s what counts.

-- Shooting down the walls of heartache. Bang bang. I am. The warrior.

#2 posted 11-26-2015 02:49 AM

For what I have been doing it has been ok but I also learned that there is a recalled part. I will order the new part and then see how much runout there is. I would like to get it down to only 1 or 2 thousandths runout so I can have nicer quality cuts. I will check in on that, and am surprised I missed it because I am on that website quite a bit. This saw is a huge jump from the 120 dollar craftsman I started with. I can not get anything under warranty however because I bought it as an as is model.

View WoodNSawdust's profile

WoodNSawdust

#3 posted 11-26-2015 03:20 AM

-- "I love it when a plan comes together" John "Hannibal" Smith

View Karamba's profile

Karamba

#4 posted 11-26-2015 06:00 AM

Interesting, From the video it looks like you were warned by Grizzly that the saw was defective so they gave you a significant discount, but you said nothing was wrong with it. Be fair and review the saw as such, rather than misleading all of us that a brand new saw has that amount of misalignment

#5 posted 11-26-2015 12:40 PM

The arbor on the saw was defective on all saws. They have since corrected the problem but since I bought mine as an as is saw I will have to buy the piece as is because I can not get a warranty on the saw since it was bought as is. Of course they did not tell me that the arbor shaft was recalled until after I bought it. I recommend checking out this video to see what I am talking about.

#6 posted 11-26-2015 05:14 PM

I have made a video of the run-out and I think most of it is due to the blade. The numbers I put above were my guesses because I do not have a dial indicator. In the future I will not include numbers unless I am certain of them.

The link for the video is here:

View marc7101's profile

marc7101

#7 posted 12-10-2015 01:26 PM

The GO771 received a lot of negative feedback when first released. This was partly due to consumers struggling to understand the instructions manual(therefore not assembling the saw correctly) and some initial flaws with this model. Most table saw reviews rated the G0715 better than the newer G0771. However, if you read the latest reviews online, you will see that most of these issues have been sorted out and that most customers are very pleased with their purchase. The manual has also been updated and is much easier to understand.

-- Marc- http://www.thediyhubby.com/drill-press-reviews/

#8 posted 12-10-2015 09:12 PM

MARC7101-

I am aware of this and I made sure I assembled it correctly. Grizzly has agreed to send out the new pulley to replace the recalled one. I would still have given it 4 out of 5 simply because there was not a 4.5 out of 5. I did not base my review off of the blade run-out because I knew the arbor pulley was recalled. I was just stating what I observed. Thanks for the comment.

View Tom Bradly's profile

Tom Bradly

#9 posted 06-10-2016 08:05 AM

Very nice review of the router table and thanks for putting up a video as well. It makes it a lot easier to understand how it works and the issues around it having the video available, too.

-- Tom Bradly http://woodworkingtoolkit.com/

View khansaab's profile

khansaab

#10 posted 12-29-2017 10:39 AM

Is it true that it can be set up 120 or 240.If this is true then its really a amazing tool.Thanks a lot for sharing you reviews.I also reviews some of routers on Lyricslay.

-- khansaab