Spray Gun Kits "Not the fancy ones"

Review by sandhill posted 03-18-2009 09:19 PM 2405 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Spray Gun Kits "Not the fancy ones" No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

My wife is an air brush artist (sort of) anyway I should probably not go there. Just kidding she is pretty good for time she has been doing it. When looking for supplies which is difficult on the east cost she came upon this TCP Global site They sell from like 8 web sites they own. Moving on here. I need a spray system that I can Paint the eves of the house, Paint my Adirondack chairs that I sell, I have 8 lover doors to paint and I want to be able to spray shellac at some point. She came across this set so I figured why not? The kit comes with
1 – HVLP Primer spray gun with a 1.8 mm tip
1 – HVLP Topcoat spray gun with a 1.4 mm tip
1 – HVLP Touch up spray gun with a 1.0 mm tip
2 – 1 Liter Aluminum cups with lids
1 – 150 cc stainless steel cup with lid
1 – In-line mini moisture filter
1 – locking air pressure regulator (0 – 180 PSI)
1 – Steel spray gun holder with strainer stand
1 – Spray gun cleaner kit with spanner wrench, Hex wrench, brush’s and filters
I added an extra 1.5 mm needle and my wife ordered a DVD for spraying T-Shirts
She was in a hurry so she paid for rush order which was still ground and delivery was 5 days which is not bad.
The operating pressure is 29 – 50 PSI consumption is 3.5 to 7.1 CFM
and set up for 1/4” air inlets.

The total bill with shipping from CA. to FL $137.00 and change.
So now to put it to the test…

If I did not get this part done it may not have been posted so sorry for the suspense but now after some exhaustive testing all I will have to do is post the results. That is why I gave only 1 star
More to come…...........

View thelt's profile

thelt

622 posts in 2067 days

#1 posted 03-19-2009 11:53 AM

Let me know how this works out. Been looking for something just like this.

-- When asked what I did to make life worthwhile in my lifetime....I can respond with a great deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served a career in the United States Navy."

#2 posted 03-19-2009 04:13 PM

I how to spend time on it this week end The new software for the classified site has to be reinstalled and will not be done till Tue. so its shop time! yea.

#3 posted 03-24-2009 08:33 AM

I am sitting down with a bunch of tapes by Charles Neil and I am about ready to tackle this challenge, but oh wait… I just realized I have to add a regulator and filter to my compressor, its never easy though I went out and picked up what I needed and put it all together but the filter trap and regulator both are defective!!!
Well next week I will try again.

#4 posted 05-05-2009 12:14 AM

Finally I am getting to do some spray painting I spent hours watching videos and worrying about lord knows what… So armed with 3 spray guns my mask on my face and dressed up like a bio-tech sci-fi movie character I was ready to lay my first covering and I have to say I was as nervous as a school girl (What ever that means) The first gun I tried was the touch up gun with the 1.0 mm tip right out of the box which is really to small for the paint which was latex and required a 1.5mm tip I guess I envisioned paint pouring from the tip uncontrollably which is why I choose to go with the small gun and the 4 oz. cup I figured this would build my confidence and it would run out of paint before I made to much of a mess. Here I am now pulling the trigger wondering why no paint was coming out so I opened up all adjustments to the max and here it comes!!! A very faint mist of paint… But I’m a Spray painting Weeee… Stay tuned the big guns and the pictures are still to come.

#5 posted 05-17-2009 06:48 PM

Looks good did I miss the web site were they came from?

#6 posted 05-18-2009 01:49 AM

http://www.tcpglobal.com/spraygundepot/tcpgate.aspx All the information was in Part two but it has been taken out or they pulled the video here is the web address of the kit which was $79.00 Works great.

View JerryS's profile

JerryS

#7 posted 03-18-2010 05:05 AM

Anymore updates on this system ?

#8 posted 03-19-2010 05:44 AM

I have been away, so sorry for the late reply but yes I did ad another part.