Oneway drill wizard

Review by hairy posted 11-21-2015 03:14 PM 3758 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Oneway drill wizard No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I looked at this for a long time. I got it about a year ago and have used it on 2 projects. It does what it does very well. All I’ve done with it could have been done without it, but not as easy or accurate.

Right out of the box I put a bit in a drill and mounted it to the lathe. I had to cut down the post to get the bit on center.

That’s with the post bottomed out in the banjo.

It’s made for chair makers. I’m not there yet, but it will do what I need.

It’s a Oneway tool. Very well made, built to last.

-- My reality check bounced...

View hairy's profile

hairy

View Rick_M's profile

Rick_M

#1 posted 11-22-2015 06:39 AM

Drill Wizard enables you to drill cross-holes quickly & easily! Ideal for the construction of chairs and stools, the DrillWizard will allow you to quickly and easily drill holes of a specific depth at a specific angle. Used in conjunction with the spindle indexing feature (available on most lathes), this tool is a great way to drill a series of holes equi-distant (90 degrees) from each other i.e. four holes in the base of a stool seat (for the legs). The DrillWizard has a 1” post which is inserted into your banjo (toolrest base). A collar on the post is used to set the height of the jig from the lathe bed.

Quoted from the website because I had no idea what it is or does.

-- http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

#2 posted 11-22-2015 10:03 AM

have used one for ages..useful tool

View stefang's profile

stefang

#3 posted 11-22-2015 03:43 PM

Very cool lathe tool Hairy. Do you think it could also be modified to hold a small router?

-- Mike, an American living in Norway.

View hairy's profile

hairy

#4 posted 11-22-2015 10:26 PM

- stefang

Maybe. You might be able to make an adapter to fit, but I can’t say for sure.

-- My reality check bounced...