Bosch Colt Router

Review by wing79 posted 03-06-2009 06:59 PM 3875 views 0 times favorited 19 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bosch Colt Router No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have this same router and I have been very impressed by the power and overall performance of the router. Maybe yours was an isolated case, or maybe mine? Either way I am sorry you have had problems, I would definitely return it. One other thing that made this router pretty sweet was the mini router table I made for it which is awesome for router small pieces and small rabbets. wing79

wing79

View wpreman's profile (online now)

wpreman

#1 posted 03-06-2009 07:04 PM

Wing79….I’d sure like to see pictures of your mini router table, I’m currently working on a design myself.

-- Bill, Florida

#2 posted 03-06-2009 08:08 PM

Sure I’ll snap a pic when I get home. Its a really simple design. I built out of a piece of scrap melamine, for a one time use. But then as time went on I used it more and more and put some folding legs (small 12” perfect for a table top) on it. wing79

View JayDee's profile

JayDee

34 posts in 2057 days

#3 posted 03-06-2009 08:39 PM

I have this router and now I think I’m going to make a small table for it. I love the router. I use it all the time. Can’t wait to see the pic of your table.

-- JayDee from Woodstock, GA

View Moron's profile

Moron

#4 posted 03-07-2009 03:13 PM

Mine doesnt have the variable speed and I’ll compare your photo to my trimmer. They sure look the same and right where the cam is that locks the outer casing to the router, the metal contacts each other and cannot clamp properly…....................and it slowly slides either lowering the router bit or raising it. Sorry but I’m not impressed, especially when I look at the parts I cleaned (mortised) out to accept a butt hinge…...having to shim out one hinge is simply not acceptable.

Always happy when the gang is happy with their tool, but this boy must have got a defective one

-- "Good artists borrow, great artists steal”…..Picasso

View Les Hastings's profile

Les Hastings

#5 posted 03-07-2009 04:04 PM

I have three of them and use them all the time with no problems.

-- Les, Wichita, Ks. (I'd rather be covered in saw dust!)

#6 posted 03-08-2009 06:10 AM

You use all three routers at the same time? sorry Les I couldn’t resist.

Jim

#7 posted 03-08-2009 07:22 AM

attached.)!It is a simple scrap piece of melamine that was made for a one time use, but it worked so well I kept it and added some legs.

#8 posted 03-08-2009 07:24 AM

The router fits in the table very simply.  You do not need to remove the base, just the thumb screw for the router guide.

#9 posted 03-08-2009 07:25 AM

Router in place.

#10 posted 03-08-2009 07:29 AM

It works great as a bench too!  It stands about 12

#11 posted 03-08-2009 07:35 AM

Sorry for those who were waiting for the pictures. I find I use this table more than my large Bench Dog table. I would have built a nicer one but I honestly thought I was gonna thorw this one out after I made it. But I kept it around and kept going back to it over and over. Simple, cheap, and very very useful. Can’t beat that!

View oldnovice's profile

oldnovice

3788 posts in 2053 days

#12 posted 03-08-2009 09:12 AM

I bought one of these when my local hardware store had a no tax weekend and I have used it with extremely good results. Being so small and light it is easy to handle and yet it has plenty of power.
It’s is a worthwhile tool!

-- "I never met a board I didn't like!"

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

#13 posted 03-08-2009 11:03 AM

I have one, and it has never disappointed me.

#14 posted 03-08-2009 10:24 PM

What a great picture of your happy Son !! I never even thought of mounting my little Bosch to a table…I’ve never (yet) had any issues with it . Usually if there are any defective tools out there , I’m the one that gets to enjoy the frustrations of owning one of them. Where did you find the legs for your table ?

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

#15 posted 03-09-2009 04:17 AM

I hope the router was unplugged before he sat down…ouch!

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248