Porter Cable Air Compressor

Review by JayDee posted 03-05-2009 12:58 AM 6944 views 2 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Porter Cable Air Compressor Porter Cable Air Compressor No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I replaced my old Husky air compressor with the one shown. This model is much quieter with twice the horse power. It is a two stage, oil free compressor with a 25 gal. tank. I find the whole unit is built much better than the Husky I had. I brlieve it was worth the extra money. I also ran about 60 lin. ft. of hard air lines with three drops. Each drop has a petcock to release condensation build-up and a quick disconnect. The air lines cost me about $200.00 in materials and about 7 hours labor to install. The end result is a very efficient compressed air system for my shop without all the air hoses laying all over the floor.

-- JayDee from Woodstock, GA

View JayDee's profile

View GuyK's profile

#1 posted 03-05-2009 01:46 AM

Jaydee that is very neat. I like the idea of the air lines as I am always tripping over the hose when in use. I will have to look into this for my shop, thanks for posting.

-- Guy Kroll

View pitchnsplinters's profile

#2 posted 03-05-2009 02:22 AM

For what kind of jobs do you use compressed air? Nailers? Sanders? Painting?

-- Just 'cause a cat has kittens in the oven, it don't make 'em biscuits.

View JayDee's profile

#3 posted 03-05-2009 02:28 AM

I use it for nailers and paint, but mostly use it for clean-up. I can clean my shop much more thoroughly and easily with compressed air and an air nossel. You blow everything off the high areas onto the floor and then clean the floor. It’s great keeping your workbench saw dust free during a project.

-- JayDee from Woodstock, GA

View trifern's profile

#4 posted 03-05-2009 03:10 PM

Nice looking set up. Thanks for the review.

-- My favorite piece is my last one, my best piece is my next one.

#5 posted 03-05-2009 05:27 PM

Thanks for the review. I have a PC compressor just sitting in a corner of my shop. Plumbing it into an air delivery system, as you have done in your shop, looks like a viable project.

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

#6 posted 03-06-2009 02:17 AM

It’s really nice to see someone plumb air lines the way you did. Black iron pipe is the way to go, iron is cooler than plastic and condenses the moisture from the hot compressed air and lets it settle to the bottoms of the pipes as you have it set up. Great going.

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View kosta's profile

#7 posted 05-12-2009 05:25 AM

thats a really good sized compressor thats perfect for spraying or sanding

-- kosta Virginia Beach, VA

#8 posted 05-12-2009 05:48 AM

I’m not a fan of compressors inside the shop because of noise and safety. But I do like most porter cable products and this looks like a good one.

-- Custom furniture

View Miket's profile

#9 posted 05-12-2009 05:50 AM

Thanks for the review!

Your shop looks waaay to clean!

-- It's better to have people think you're stupid rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

#10 posted 05-12-2009 10:03 PM

Hey Miket
Did any body ever tell you that you look just like yosemitey Sam. clean is good. Loved your clock.

-- Custom furniture