Laguna HHC IQ CNC

Review by Desert_Woodworker posted 10-14-2015 11:33 PM 2913 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Laguna HHC IQ CNC Laguna HHC IQ CNC Laguna HHC IQ CNC Click the pictures to enlarge them

Great high quality machine, that comes with superior customer support. I have owned this model for 2 years and not a problem to report.

Motor: 3HP 220V / 30 Amp Single Phase
• Machine Work Table: 24 inches X 36 inches
• Machine Foot Print: 39½ inches X 50½ inches
• Work Envelope: 24 inches X 36 inches
• Weight: 425lb / 193kg
This machine is considered a desk top model. (It uses 3×5’ work stand) The benefits of the Laguna are:
Liquid cooled spindle. They claim it will run for 10 hours continuously. The machines that use a 3 hp Porter Cable cannot do this. Also, the PC router has about 300 working hours before you have to replace parts vs. spindle 1,000’s of hours. They are not cheap but it the price is worth it.
Hand held controller (HHC) – You do not need a dedicated computer in the shop. I make my designs in the office…. Put the “tool paths” onto a USB stick and take it to the shop. I was apprehensive about it because I was ignorant to the fact that is a well founded method of CNCing. Very easy to use and control the machine.
The software that I use V-Carve and Cut 3d then shortly after upgraded to Vetric Aspire. (5 stars)
Conclusion, I recommend this machine and software to those who want an industrial machine in the shop. As for $$$ make sure that you compare apples to apples. My initial costs.
$5,500 IQ HHC
$2,500 Vetric Aspire 8
$ 175 Amana 8 pc bit starter set
$ 0 Education on how to use this thing. The only training that I needed is supplied by the manufactures and You Tube
Yes there are less expensive options. I leave you with this comparison do you want a Steel City or Saw Stop table saw? Both will cut lumber. Also, you may view some of my work at

-- Desert_Woodworker

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

View cmmyakman's profile

cmmyakman

#1 posted 10-15-2015 05:43 PM

”...do you want a Steel City or Saw Stop table saw?” Awesome.

-- You can't fail if you don't give up.

View CyberDyneSystems's profile

CyberDyneSystems

#2 posted 10-16-2015 03:44 PM

Thank you for a great honest review!

-- Without the wood, it's just working

View Patrick Jaromin's profile

Patrick Jaromin

#3 posted 01-02-2017 01:23 PM

Very nice machine!! Clearly industrial grade. I saw a few videos on these when I was shopping for a CNC and they do look solid. Just wish I had the shop space and $$ for it.

I suspect for most folks here like me $5,500 takes the Laguna off the table as an option. Definitely not a hobby-sized investment for the majority. For me it’s “do you want a circular saw or a Steel City table saw?” And I’ve got decades of use on a circular saw already.

-- Patrick, Chicago, IL http://www.TenonAndSpline.com/blog