ROCKLER - DRILL PRESS FENCE KIT - ITEM #53648

Review by kdc68 posted 10-10-2015 10:41 AM 3127 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
ROCKLER - DRILL PRESS FENCE KIT - ITEM #53648 ROCKLER - DRILL PRESS FENCE KIT - ITEM #53648 ROCKLER - DRILL PRESS FENCE KIT - ITEM #53648 Click the pictures to enlarge them

This was an impulse buy because I didn’t really need to replace the fence I made with the table top. But I knew that this would be a good upgrade.

Instantly I am impressed with this. The anodized aluminum fence is perfectly square. My shop vac hose is a snug fit onto the dust port, and I do like the sliding fences (features that my old one didn’t have). This fence fit on my existing table without any modifying. It’s a bit pricey, but worth it for me as this is an upgrade from my old fence.

If you don’t have a table with your drill press, then you might want to use the free plans that comes with the kit to build a table.

•Fence Length: 24’‘

kdc68

View doubleDD's profile

doubleDD

#1 posted 10-10-2015 12:46 PM

Thanks for posting. I built my own table and fence but the fence I have can be improved. I will investigate further.

-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.

View philba's profile

philba

#2 posted 10-11-2015 05:43 PM

How well does the DC port work?

View kdc68's profile

kdc68

#3 posted 10-11-2015 06:28 PM

How well does the DC port work?

- philba

v
v
Works well when the holes being drilled is close to the port in the fence. Whatever is missed is hand swept into the port opening. This is a plus for me because I would have swept the debris on the floor with my old fence.

-- Measure "at least" twice and cut once