Just finished hanging it....

Review by Kurt T. Kneller posted 10-08-2015 01:19 AM 2634 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Just finished hanging it.... No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well my new Grizzly G5072 air filter showed up today and I just finished hanging it.
Packaging was in real good shape and the unit itself seems really solid so does the overall quality.
I was using a Performax from Menards, but it just was not cutting it. I still had a lot of dust throughout my
shop (2 car garage).
With the Grizzly I should have a turnover rate of about 20/hr vs the 7/hr with the Performax.
The Grizzly is really quite and it is definitely moving a whole bunch of air. You can see the air flow by watching
the pull cords on all the lights. Some are over 8-10 feet away on the intake side. Seems like real nice circulation.

I was a little nervous about hanging this unit alone it weighs about 55 lbs and is pretty awkward to handle.
The Perfomax was a pain and that only weighed about 40. This time I went to Harbor Freight and picked up
a 1/4 ton ratchet chain hoist. Man that was way to easy.

The remote seems a little light duty, however I was able to pretty mush control the cleaner from almost anywhere in my shop. The Performax was a narrow and short line of sight.

I am still going to keep the Performax and have not decided if I’ll just use it at the bunch or hang it elsewhere.

At this point I would recommend this unit. I’ll post an update after using awhile.

The new Grizzly G5072

The old Performax

The HF 1/4 ton hoist

View smitty22's profile

smitty22

#1 posted 10-08-2015 02:38 AM

Looks good, should help the dust! The chain hoist is a good thing too, I bought one and used it to assemble my 14” bandsaw.
thanks for the review.

-- Smitty

View Grumpymike's profile

Grumpymike

#2 posted 10-12-2015 12:37 AM

I sure hope that you are using a dust collector on your tools and the air cleaner for the fine particles in the air. It looks that is the case.
I’ve had my Grizzley oh, just short of a year now, and I love it. My shop isn’t dust free by any means, but what a difference from what it was.
A friend heard me boasting about my new air cleaner and went out and bought one bigger better and much more costly of course.
He called me up one evening and asked how to hook up the ducting … yeah he’s the same guy that had his saw blade in backwards … Couldn’t figure out why all the smoke …

-- Grumpy old guy, and lookin' good Doin' it. ... Surprise Az.

#3 posted 10-12-2015 12:59 AM

I do have a 2 stage dc. Right now it is modified HF, Thein Baffle on a 35 gallon can and a Wynn canister filter.
Currently I do not have the shop ducted and have to lug the dc hoses to each machine. I have already noticed a difference in the shop with the new air cleaner.

View Grumpymike's profile

Grumpymike

#4 posted 10-12-2015 07:37 PM

Your system sounds allot like mine. I put in ‘Y’ connectors in the duct near each machine and a flex hose to the machine and use a blast gate. (Read here: that I’m to lazy to lug the hose around).
I ducted my shop with 4” big box PVC Drain pipe, and have never had any problems.
The Wynn canister is a great add on to the HF dc, I recommend them to everyone.

-- Grumpy old guy, and lookin' good Doin' it. ... Surprise Az.

View Pantherjoe's profile

Pantherjoe

#5 posted 12-23-2015 03:08 PM

So Kurt, how is the new air filter working for you? I am in the market for my first DC system, but my head is spinning with all the info and choices.
I’m leaning towards the grizzly G0703HEP and a yet undecided air filtration unit.
any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

#6 posted 12-23-2015 09:31 PM

I m leaning towards the grizzly G0703HEP and a yet undecided air filtration unit.
any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

- Pantherjoe

Buy the air cleaner for sure! The thing has been one of the best purchases I have made this year for my shop. The thing really works like a charm. It is amazing how much airborne dust that thing captures. The shop is much cleaner now. I am contemplating a new DC and have considered the grizzly cyclones. Check out Jay Bates on youtube, he recently talked about his grizzly dc. I believe his is the Grizzly G0703P. I am sure the hepa filter would be a plus. Also I’d take a look at http://www.jpthien.com/smf/. Let us know what you end up with and what you think.
Merry Christmas!