Diablo Metal Blade

Review by EastCoast506 posted 10-07-2015 12:54 PM 2529 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Diablo Metal Blade No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently came across a video while looking up the Diablo line of circular saw blades. A trick he found out by mistake was using the metal cutting blade in his circular saw, so I tried it. I found my cuts were much more precise with little to no tear out, even on plywoods. Great blades all around, I use them on all my tools.

-- Hunter

View EastCoast506's profile

EastCoast506

View fivecodys's profile

fivecodys

#1 posted 10-07-2015 09:56 PM

Interesting.
Is the pricing about the same?

-- I always knew I would grow old, But I expected it to take longer!

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

#2 posted 10-08-2015 06:09 PM

Very little to negative hook angle will do that for you, as well as the triple grind.

It will not cut very easily in thick wood however.

View Dutchy's profile

Dutchy

#3 posted 10-17-2015 10:50 AM

Teeth of a TC metal saw are smaller and also the difference in thickness between the teeth and the blade is smaller. This means that a TC metal saw blade is more stable. Disadvantage of this is that after sharpning the thickness difference between teeth and blad will soon be too small. An other disadvantage is that TC carbide of a metal saw (normal K40/50) is much more softer, with means that the blade will be faster dull. TC for wood saw blades is mostly between K05 and K20.

-- https://dutchypatterns.com/