Fox F28-194B, 14" Bandsaw, 2hp

Review by tamtum posted 09-29-2015 04:41 PM 10463 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Fox F28-194B, 14" Bandsaw, 2hp Fox F28-194B, 14" Bandsaw, 2hp Fox F28-194B, 14" Bandsaw, 2hp Click the pictures to enlarge them

Before I start my review i have to say sorry for my bad English but i’m sure they are better than your Greek.
I have this band saw for the last 7 months. When I wanted to buy it I had not find any review. So it’s time for the first. I live in Greece and the tools are expensive and difficult to find many brands. According to manufacture the specifications are:

• Motor: 1500 Watts (2hp)
• Blade Length: 2750mm
• Blade Width: 6mm – 25mm
• Max. Cutting Capacity – Height: 230mm
• Max. Cutting Capacity – Throat: 345mm
• Table Dimensions 435mm x 535mm
• Table Tilt Angle: 0?- 45?
• Weight: 100kg

The fox machinery is an Italian company the child company of the Femi, but as you can see the band saw is the same as many other from Chinese market.

Quality of construction: The main construction is very good and the machine is very stable but some little pieces as screw and handholds are in the middle quality as all Chinese machines. That’s not very important just more annoying (may require a change of this items).

Service: As the company is Italian and we have long and good summer please pray do not have problems during this period. One handhold takes 1.5 month to sent it to me from Italy to Greece.

Table top: is made from cast iron and its very stable and rigid. It can tilt angle 0-45. I do not want to cut in angle so I change the handhold with a screw to 0 angle. The fence is stable and very accurate.

Saw guide: The quality is good and its easy to change when you change blade. I have not any problem with it.

Motor: The motor is very good at 1500 Watt (2Hp). Its powerful to drive the wide blade 25mm. I think thats a very good point for this machine and its one of the reason to make me buy it.

Blade: The blade of the manufacturer is for the rubbish. I change blade and I buy two professional blades one in 15mm for patterns and one 25mm for thick woods.

Cutting Capacity: is 23 cm and the motor of the machine have enough power to cut hard woods in this height.

In conclusion I’m satisfied from this band saw. I use to cut hard woods with it. It’s not a professional machine but I cannot say it’s for hobby. A professional woodworker can have it as a second bandsaw (as a small bandsaw).

View RobS888's profile

RobS888

#1 posted 09-30-2015 02:13 AM

Thank you for the review.

-- I always suspected many gun nuts were afraid of something, just never thought popcorn was on the list.

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

#2 posted 09-30-2015 02:44 PM

Nice review. That looks a lot like the Craftsman-brand band saw we can get in the US.
Oh…and your English is quite good. Probably better than mine. :)

View BigMig's profile

BigMig

#3 posted 09-30-2015 06:09 PM

Nice review – Helpful and realistic – and GREAT English.

-- Mike from Lansdowne, PA

#4 posted 09-30-2015 07:00 PM

Alexander, nice meeting you and your English is quite good, congratulations.
Thank you very much for the review.
I am glad that you are happy with your saw.
I have 17” Grizzly,I am very happy with it too.

View loupitou06's profile

loupitou06

#5 posted 09-30-2015 11:07 PM

Beautiful Olive wood you are resawing here, looks amazing. Next time you need parts let me know I will ship it from here and trade you for some wood :)

-- 100 fois sur le metier remettez votre ouvrage

#6 posted 10-01-2015 07:00 AM

Many model of other bandsaw brands is look like Fox. I think It’s the same manufacturer and paint them in different color. Scheppach , Craftsman and many other brands are the same , the differences are in motors and Blade Width.
Loupitou06 if you want olive wood I can sent it to you for free of course because the olive wood we have it for the fireplace…. Just tell me dimensions.
B2rtch Grizzly is by far better than mine !!!

View OldGuysRule's profile

OldGuysRule

#7 posted 10-03-2015 09:52 AM

Seeing as I don’t speak any Greek at all you would win the bet! But. to tell the truth your English is excellent! I’m new to Lumber Jocks and it is so cool to see wood lovers from all over the world coming together! As for your band saw I have the Craftsman saw that looks just like your Fox. And I too find it to be a good machine. Thanks for the review!! And keep making saw dust!

-- Rod P.........OLD GUY......Learning new things!

#8 posted 01-11-2016 11:59 AM

I cut the engine belt trying to cut slices of wood. Whoever has this engine belt will struggle to find a belt and the agent did not give the brand code from the belt (They want 40 euros for the belt). The solution is belt MITSUBOSHI 240J with only 7 euros made in Japan.