Bosch T308B Jig Saw Blades

Review by Jim posted 1984 days ago 3057 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bosch T308B Jig Saw Blades No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had heard favoable reports of these blades and when I actually found them in a store here on Maui I was shocked. Usually we don’t get to see new products so quickly here. Anyway, I tried them and was very impressed. They cut on the up and the down. No to very little tearing even of veneered plywood. One less thing to think about—do I draw, and hence cut, on the bottom or the top of the plywood?!
They’re a little thick so you can’t do tight turns, but other than that, I’ll use these almost exclusively from now on.

-- Jim, www.greenteawoodworking.com

View Jim's profile

Jim

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

2368 posts in 2042 days

#1 posted 1984 days ago

Yes it’s amazing what a good jigsaw blade can do. I don’t use my jigsaw much so I just pick up those multipacks of blades at the department store. Last summer I was making a Pergola for my sister. It has sort of oriental sculpted top beams (2×8) I began with my cheapo blades and realized it was going to take me forever.. and they kept breaking. I ran down to the hardware store and purchased a couple of millwauke blades. They were pretty expensive. The beams cut about 80% faster and I did a dozen of them with one blade. Now, if I can just use that logic to justify a $100 table saw blade.

View dsb1829's profile

dsb1829

#2 posted 1984 days ago

I have also been pretty impressed with this blade. It took a while to find locally, but finally Lowe’s had them in stock one day when I was cruising the tools section. At any rate, I think this one has proven to be up to the hype.

-- Doug, woodworking in Alabama

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

#3 posted 1984 days ago

Got them in my saw and I like them.

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View woodworm's profile

woodworm

#4 posted 1976 days ago

Not in Kuala Lumpur yet! What about Bankok Douglas?

-- masrol, kuala lumpur, MY.

View Cajun  Box Sculptor's profile

Cajun Box Sculptor

4938 posts in 1913 days

#5 posted 1912 days ago

Great blade! I have been using them with my Makita cordless jig saw and I am impressed with their splinterless square cuts. Worth the money…

View buckeyenut's profile

buckeyenut

I’ve also used the Xtra Clean blades, they definitely do live up to their name. For those of you who commented on having issues scrolling, Bosch now also has a scroll cutting version of the Xtra Clean blade: T308BO.