Bosch T308B Jig Saw Blades

Review by Jim posted 02-23-2009 08:25 AM 3334 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bosch T308B Jig Saw Blades No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had heard favoable reports of these blades and when I actually found them in a store here on Maui I was shocked. Usually we don’t get to see new products so quickly here. Anyway, I tried them and was very impressed. They cut on the up and the down. No to very little tearing even of veneered plywood. One less thing to think about—do I draw, and hence cut, on the bottom or the top of the plywood?!
They’re a little thick so you can’t do tight turns, but other than that, I’ll use these almost exclusively from now on.

-- Jim, www.greenteawoodworking.com

View Jim's profile

Jim

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

#1 posted 02-23-2009 03:10 PM

Yes it’s amazing what a good jigsaw blade can do. I don’t use my jigsaw much so I just pick up those multipacks of blades at the department store. Last summer I was making a Pergola for my sister. It has sort of oriental sculpted top beams (2×8) I began with my cheapo blades and realized it was going to take me forever.. and they kept breaking. I ran down to the hardware store and purchased a couple of millwauke blades. They were pretty expensive. The beams cut about 80% faster and I did a dozen of them with one blade. Now, if I can just use that logic to justify a $100 table saw blade.

View dsb1829's profile

dsb1829

#2 posted 02-24-2009 12:37 AM

I have also been pretty impressed with this blade. It took a while to find locally, but finally Lowe’s had them in stock one day when I was cruising the tools section. At any rate, I think this one has proven to be up to the hype.

-- Doug, woodworking in Alabama

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

#3 posted 02-24-2009 03:38 AM

Got them in my saw and I like them.

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View woodworm's profile

woodworm

#4 posted 03-03-2009 02:58 PM

Not in Kuala Lumpur yet! What about Bankok Douglas?

-- masrol, kuala lumpur, MY.

View Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist's profile

Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist

5277 posts in 2061 days

#5 posted 05-06-2009 06:58 PM

Great blade! I have been using them with my Makita cordless jig saw and I am impressed with their splinterless square cuts. Worth the money…

-- Each step of every Wood Art project I design and build is considered my masterpieceā€¦ because I want the finished product to reflect the quality and creativeness of my work

View buckeyenut's profile

buckeyenut

1 post in 1986 days

#6 posted 07-19-2009 06:24 AM

I’ve also used the Xtra Clean blades, they definitely do live up to their name. For those of you who commented on having issues scrolling, Bosch now also has a scroll cutting version of the Xtra Clean blade: T308BO.