grizzly 15" disc sander review

Review by pinebeetle23 posted 09-14-2015 12:48 PM 10786 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
grizzly 15" disc sander review grizzly 15" disc sander review grizzly 15" disc sander review Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had this sander a couple years now. It has plenty of power, haven’t had any mechanical issues. The table is great, heavy and stable (even with an cast iron angle jig on it). The only issues to date has been the paint has peeled and flaked off on part of it, and the latch on the stand door broke. Minor issues only. I previously had a 12” disc that I was not satisfied with. (I do recommend getting Heavier weight discs than the grizzly ones (currently carried by them) If you do a lot of sanding. Fintech has industrial grade discs that are a bit pricey but last much longer). All in all I have been very satisfied.

View pinebeetle23's profile

pinebeetle23

View WoodNSawdust's profile

WoodNSawdust

#1 posted 09-14-2015 01:47 PM

Thanks for the Review. I will keep Fintech in mind.

-- "I love it when a plan comes together" John "Hannibal" Smith

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

#2 posted 09-14-2015 05:00 PM

Thanks for the review. What do you use your disk sander for most frequently?

View pinebeetle23's profile

pinebeetle23

#3 posted 09-14-2015 11:42 PM

I use it frequently with a jig to get precise miters and for curved profiles etc.

View woodbutcherbynight's profile

woodbutcherbynight

2944 posts in 2041 days

#4 posted 11-15-2015 04:18 PM

I dream about having room for a sander of this size. Good tip on the sanding disc have to look into that one. Below is all I have room to work with currently. LOL

-- Live to tell the stories, they sound better that way.