Jessem Rout-R-Lift II - Preliminary Review & Purchasing Experience

Review by Kurt T. Kneller posted 09-03-2015 12:00 AM 13902 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Jessem Rout-R-Lift II - Preliminary Review & Purchasing Experience No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well, my new Jessem Rout-R-Lift II finally was delivered today. This review is preliminary at this time and still need to complete my router table before using it. So, I can only comment on whole experience to date.
The 3 star rating at this time is a reflection on the customer service and purchasing experience.
I give 4 stars on initial inspection.

The Purchasing Experience:
I placed the order, through JessemDirect.com on August 4th, and regrettably used PayPal to place the order. I come to find out that was a mistake in this case. The funds were withdrawn from my account on August 5th. At no time did I ever receive an email to confirm the order was placed and or the status. I only was able to find out what the status was by calling them about a week later. Their representative told me they were down for 2 weeks for year end inventory and they were just coming back to full production. Let me say that throughout the ordering process there was no indication about items being on back-order or not in inventory. I called a week later and the story changed a bit and they were down for about a month and the were waiting on just one part. Finally after a third call during the middle of the week she told me it was ready and it would ship the next day. Did not happen. It was shipped the following week. Turns out it was also held up in customs for about 4 days. I ended up order through them direct because I could not find the lift, template and extra rings at once source, seemed to makes sense at the time. In the future, I think if I buy any other Jessem tools, it will be state side for sure. If you would order through Jessem I would recommend to do it over the phone and get verification of availability!

The Lift:
Upon opening the box I am pleased so far. The lift seems well built, runs smooth and the fit and finish look great. The plate is phenolic along with the rings. The plate appears flat but I’ll check it tomorrow with my Woodpeckers straight edge. I like the fact that the plate has holes for locking bolts at the corners, plate snuggers and plenty of set screws along the perimeter to ensure that plate will sit sold once installed. I will test the fit with my Bosch router. God I hope it fits and the are no problems. I would hate to go through the hassle of sending back through customs. It feels like a precise tool and I hope that was worth the wait. I will post an update after I have it installed and had a chance to put it to the test.
Wish me luck.

-- Start with ten, end with ten.......

View Kurt T. Kneller's profile

Kurt T. Kneller

View jacquesr's profile

jacquesr

#1 posted 09-03-2015 12:24 AM

if you have a 1617, it works fine.
That’s my setup.
Very pleased after about 6 months of casual use.

View Kurt T. Kneller's profile

Kurt T. Kneller

#2 posted 09-03-2015 12:54 AM

That is my router and that’s good to know. Thanks!

-- Start with ten, end with ten.......

View Fired_Yo_Momma's profile

Fired_Yo_Momma

#3 posted 09-03-2015 02:05 AM

I ordered my Incra Router Fence system (I think Incra and Jessem work togerther or may be the same company) anyways the rep emailed me and informed me that the fence was going to be 30 days late because they were back ordered. If I was not getting a killer deal on the fence I would have bit the bullet and made my purchase from Amazon. All in all I happy with my Incra stuff and Jessem products