Great DVD's - Especially for those just starting out.

Review by GaryK posted 1979 days ago 2088 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great DVD's  - Especially for those just starting out. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

As one of the prizes for the Winter 2009 contest I received a pair of DVD sets from
Passion for Wood.

I wanted to give them a quick review.

For those just starting out, the DVD set on Jointer and Planer Secrets would be of great value.
The jointer can be a tricky tool to master and Hendrik goes into great detail on the subject.

You can save a lot of money buying rough lumber and this DVD will show you how to make
usable wood from it.

All in all a great 4 1/2 hour, 2 DVD set.

The Table Saw DVD is also very informative. It goes through set-up of the table saw
in very nice detail. Also shown are the basic uses and special cases, like large pieces.

As a bonus Hendrik goes step-by-step through building a crosscut sled. Every aspect
is addressed.

A great almost 10 hour, 5 DVD set.

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

View lew's profile

lew

#1 posted 1979 days ago

Thanks for the review, Gary. BTW, congrats again on the win!

Lew

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

#2 posted 1979 days ago

gary i have the Jointer set. A reat purchase. I guess I’ll need to get the table saw one.

View sharad's profile

sharad

#3 posted 1979 days ago

Very useful review for the beginners. Congratulations for your double win in the contest. I would like to see one of your projects using only hand tools.
Sharad

-- “If someone feels that they had never made a mistake in their life, then it means they have never tried a new thing in their life”.-Albert Einstein

View Sac's profile

Sac

#4 posted 1979 days ago

Thanks for the reviews Gary. Was there any information on Lathe? The planer and table saw sounds like some good ones to look at. i’ll have to check out thier web site.

-- Jerry

View MJMeers's profile

MJMeers

29 posts in 2007 days

I have both of these sets. These are truly seminars in a box… I have never seen a DVD go into the amount detail that Hendrik goes into. I can not wait till his next DVD.

5 Stars…Simply excellent.

-- Matt, RI

111999 posts in 2172 days

Thanks Gary, Hendrik is someone new to me,

View bryguy22's profile

bryguy22

His dvds are the best out there. A little dry on presentation but the information is unreal. I have three of his sets and they are so informative I take notes and review the information at a pace I can digest. A class would be to quick to grasp this amount of information but wih the dvds you can review any part at any time and at your own pace. Blows all other dvds away in my opinion, and I have many different brands (authors).

-- Bryan, york pa