Making wood flowers with Ebook "Forever Flowers""

Review by Bob Collins posted 2020 days ago 5128 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Making wood flowers with Ebook "Forever Flowers"" Making wood flowers with Ebook "Forever Flowers"" Making wood flowers with Ebook "Forever Flowers"" Click the pictures to enlarge them

I downloaded this eBook about 10 months ago after asking how these flowers were made, I had imagined that wood chips from previous carvings projects were collected and glued together. I was soon directed to
www.TheCarversCorner.com and for a well spend $5.00 I downloaded the ebook straight to my computer.

After reading the easy to follow instructions, I went out and collected some suckers from a Poplar tree which were easy to whittle while reasonably green. I didn’t have any carving knives but found that the Stanley
Knife with a new sharp blade cut well.

After peeling of the bark, it was a matter of cutting the petals, which after several attempts started to look like flowers, I let them dry in the sun and being a lazy individual I spray painted mine different pastel colours.
Colouring the flowers are covered in this book.

Once I had enough flowers cut and painted it was a matter of how to display them. Pictures 2 and 3 above are two of my early creations, both have been sold and since then I have turned vases for the flowers, made wall plagues and used them on boxes. This ebook has paid for itself many times over.

Recommend this book to anyone into wood working whether carving or turning. If you are like me you will get bored doing the same thing over and over, I take a break, whittle a few flowers, let them dry and store away until I have a project for them. I have created something, feel fresh and back to the lathe or whatever.

More information on the EBook can be seen on www.TheCarversCorner.com.

Bob.

View JerryS's profile

JerryS

#1 posted 2018 days ago

They look great ,how fragile are they when your finished with them ? You third picture looks realistic with those twigs and things.

#2 posted 2018 days ago

Jerry, Flowers are like live flowers and petals can be knocked off but with the wooden flowers a bit of superglue and it is back on. I have other styles in my projects.

Bob.

View firecaster's profile

firecaster

557 posts in 2050 days

#3 posted 2016 days ago

Thanks for the info.

-- Father of two sons. Both Eagle Scouts.

View briandh's profile

briandh

I just love the flowers how do you get copy of the ebook Forever Flowers I would love to have a go as I am near hazel woods.

Bob Collins

G’day Briandh, if you send an email to cathy@cathykrumrei.com she has the ebook Forever Flowers.
Her web page is http://cathykrumrei.com. She is also on my friends list on L.J’s so you might get in touch with her via there. I’ll let her know you are interested. Enjoy.

Bob Collins

G’day Briandh, The e’book Forever Flowers can be obtained from Cathy Krumrei a member of L.J’s.
Her web page is http://cathykrumrei.com also she is on my L.J’s friends list is you want to send a message that way. Enjoy, you will have some fun. Sorry for the repeat, didn’t think the first printed.

View briandh's profile

briandh

Thanks for info Bob have now got copy and had my first go today they are addictive will post when I finish them.